Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Smallblock I/O vs. BBC jet.......

squirt'nmyload
    just buy both....end of story

455Rocket
    OMG this argument will go on FOREVER.
    It's simple, if you plan on doing boating in shallow waters, then go with a jet! Otherwise it's not a question of IF you're going to replace pump, hydraulics, or a skeg..... its WHEN, cause you will
    But if you're going to be doing some deep river, or lake boating than the I/O is probably the way to go, they don't get suck to the waves like a jet does, and doesn't risk as much.
    Because gas can be argued over and over but if worrying about $20-$30 extra a day from one to another then you should be saving your money instead of boating
    Well said...
    In my opinion... get a bbc AND I/O if you got the cash. It's a freakin' BOAT!
    You need cash to buy and to maintain an I/O. The bi-annual maintance bill on these things will eat up anything you saved over the same time period in fuel. Rebulid a jet for well under a grand... rebuild an I/O for :jawdrop:
    If you like the river and love seat-of-your-pants type driving... get a jet.
    And who the hell cares about gas?! You're gonna pay up the ass anyway! Put your foot in the throttle and enjoy the water.

Redneck
    I have a 21 ultra IO with a small block get great gas mileage dont know much about jets so cant compare. Hit me up if you get to looking mine is for sale in the spam section.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345