Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Digital SLR cameras

Speedin' Ian
    Thinking about getting a nice digital SLR. Any advice?
    Would like to find one for less than $1000, but closer to $700 would be great. I want to be ale to take photos that I can I turn into posters.

uvindex
    I just bought one Friday. I got the Canon EOS Digital Rebel XTi. Got it with the 18-55 kit lens at Amazon for $718. I love it. (You'll have to buy a CF card. Since the camera's images can be pretty big, bigger is better for the memory card (got a 4-GB also from Amazon for $60.)
    For the sub-$1K price point, the Canon XTi and the Nikon D80 are very well-reviewed. Check out the customer reviews on Amazon for the Canon -- pretty much every person who bought one says they love their camera. I do too.
    Good luck and have fun!

Boatcop
    Thinking about getting a nice digital SLR. Any advice?
    Would like to find one for less than $1000, but closer to $700 would be great. I want to be ale to take photos that I can I turn into posters.
    Nikon D40. Got mine with the 200mm lens for around $700. Do a search on the internet for the best deal. Prices run from around $500 - $700 for the camera alone.Shop around.
    Takes awesome pictures and is very user friendly. I took these through the french doors in my family room. Automatic setting.
    http://boatcop.com/gallery/main.php?...serialNumber=2
    http://boatcop.com/gallery/main.php?...serialNumber=1
    http://boatcop.com/gallery/main.php?...serialNumber=1

77charger
    pick up a canon xti body then buy an L lens to go with it.or you can just get the basic canon kit with the 18-55mm lens for about that 800 bucks.The only thing i dont like about the xti is its size(too small) but it still has good features and will go along ways and is more capable than what most users can do.But there are some who will say just get the 30d funny thing is i see alot of people who will buy the better stuff only to use the camera in auto mode(green square)and nothing else.
    I have a eos rebel 6.3mp(also good camera)main use is a back up now and just got a 20d also have a 70-200F4L and a 17-40F4L both cameras have no problem printing out 13x19 pics the 20d can easily go bigger i use a canon pixma pro9000 printer too.The xti will have no problems but need to have good glass that is what makes the picture.

TheCarDudes
    I've had the Canon Digital Rebel EOS for about 4 or 5 years. It is a GREAT camera. Since it was one one of the first digital SLR's, lots of support and accessories out there. Here is a photo I took while driving the Howard at about 55mph. Tell me that this is not user friendly!
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...TonySeadoo.jpg

SnoC653
    I was originally leaning toward the Cannon series, but wound up buying a Pentax K-10D. The thing I liked about the Petax was the 10 megapixel and the built in Shake Reduction. 10 meg is definately nice if you want to blow the image up to poster size, and the Shake Reduction helps tremendously if you are using long range lenses to take boating shots or shots from a boat. With the cannon you have to buy lenses with the shake reduction in them and that makes each lens a lot more pricey. Just my .02 worth.

lawbreaker2
    I was originally leaning toward the Cannon series, but wound up buying a Pentax K-10D. The thing I liked about the Petax was the 10 megapixel and the built in Shake Reduction. 10 meg is definately nice if you want to blow the image up to poster size, and the Shake Reduction helps tremendously if you are using long range lenses to take boating shots or shots from a boat. With the cannon you have to buy lenses with the shake reduction in them and that makes each lens a lot more pricey. Just my .02 worth.
    I have an old 35mm pentax, are the zoom lenses interchangeable with the new pentax K-10D, I heard they were.:idea:

Beer-30
    I went with the Canon Rebel EOS. Over 50 different lenses available. Mine is 8.1 megapixel, which is bigger than I wanted. But, it's nice to have it when you need it. Also, it has the full-auto mode that sets itself / or / you can shoot full custom on all settings. I keep it on the lowest setting to keep from filling up my hard drive. Pretty easy to take 1 gig of picture at holiday time.

GoCiggie31

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast