Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Got wet for first time this year...........

pgf127rt
    HD, to tell the truth I am really enjoying my Scorpion tunnel hull with the 225 Merc-Mariner hybrid on it, after driving flats for years it sure is nice to cruise ny home lake in a moderate wind without a kidney belt, as this was a winter project it has turned out better than I had hoped for, so as in racing I have learned to expect the little gremlins which pop up rather regularly.

HavasuDreamin'
    Originally posted by pgf127rt:
    HD, to tell the truth I am really enjoying my Scorpion tunnel hull with the 225 Merc-Mariner hybrid on it, after driving flats for years it sure is nice to cruise ny home lake in a moderate wind without a kidney belt, as this was a winter project it has turned out better than I had hoped for, so as in racing I have learned to expect the little gremlins which pop up rather regularly.
    Lets see it, post a picture. http://free.***boat.net/ubb/smile.gif

pgf127rt
    HD, that is what we were going to do the day I took the wife, but she forgot her dig. camera, and now she is gone to Lake Amistad, at Del Rio for a kinfolk deal, as soon as she gets back that will be our first priority, naturally I am biased but I think it is a beautiful ride.

Tahiti Day Cruiser
    Whoever invented Murphy's law must have been a boater. How about this story, my first trip out this year, water pump goes out, engine starts to overheat, shut it off quick but still got hot enough to crack the exhaust manifolds on both sides, flaps, gaskets , and I'm still waiting to see what else. Oh and I forgot , all this happened while on my honeymoon. Now I can' wait for that first summer trip that makes it all worth while.
    Ain't boating fun ...
    peace http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif

baracuda
    what is the elevation at havasu-hey ws6-keith I've run a pro-comp ski since 1992 2.5 merc. 200 hp nitrox injected-you got to get some of that gas,the outboards love that stuff.you should be runing arround 8,000 rpm with the 2.5.Just bought a v-drive this year-what a wild ride.O-yea havasu-dreamn watch the water in that gear case.you will go through gears pretty fast with h20 in there.Just changed the rear seals on my gear case this year,they were leaking a little bit.
    Baracuda

ed bullock
    heading to the lake in the morning . first run on the new power head. i am using all the info i learned from every one here. wish me luck.

snappertapper
    GOOD LUCK

Wicky
    ya didn't learn it from me.
    Good luck though.
    Wicky

HavasuDreamin'
    Originally posted by baracuda:
    what is the elevation at havasu-O-yea havasu-dreamn watch the water in that gear case.you will go through gears pretty fast with h20 in there.Just changed the rear seals on my gear case this year,they were leaking a little bit.
    Baracuda
    Havasu is about 550 feet elevation if I am not mistaken. I am going to keep a close eye on the gearcase. I plan on draining it to check every time or two out. If I find water in it again, I will have the seals replaced.
    Hey post some better shots of your recwently purchased flat on the v-drive site. The back is nice and all, but I want to see the paint. Thanks

ed bullock
    well after i fiddled with my shift cable and fixed it took the boat out after couple hours of adjusting sound great runs great so far so good. can not get my temp gauge to work ran new wires to sensor ignition and ground still no go any help ?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast