Originally posted by HavasuDreamin':
Havasu is about 550 feet elevation if I am not mistaken. I am going to keep a close eye on the gearcase. I plan on draining it to check every time or two out. If I find water in it again, I will have the seals replaced.
Hey post some better shots of your recwently purchased flat on the v-drive site. The back is nice and all, but I want to see the paint. Thanks
HD,
There are 4 more in the v-drive (page 2) but they are not too good they really do not do it justice at all. We are going to get some better pictures and post them as soon as we can. We really like the purple flames into the checkered board paint scheme.
And on that gearcase deal one of my buddies had water in his last year and it ended up freezing the bearings up. That ended up costing him alot of bucks. Are you running a 2.5? If not, what type of motor are you running? I can't remeber if I had seen a picture of your boat in here somewhere.
(Rear seals-labor 2 hours at most, seals-$14 vs thousands to fix freeze-up. Just food for thought. Hate seeing anything bad happen.)
baracuda