Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Classic ***boat Collectors $$$

ThongMagnet
    Is there such a person as a "Classic Hot Boat Collector"?
    Will a 1977 Eliminator Daytona be worth as much as a 1969 Yenko Nova ($300K+) in ten years? :idea:

Robert1050
    No. Well, maybe if it was a dinghy attached to a 2016 49' Eliminator Daytona with 3 Pfaff S/C motors, #6 drives, enclosed cockpit, computer guidance system with fly-by-wire controls and 3 resident bunnies to 'maintain' the driver, err...boat

Tom Brown
    I don't think so.
    When ClassicGlastron.com was started, a lot of people stumbled across the site thinking they had some sort of financial windfall. Tons of first time posters ask, "What is blah blah blah worth?"
    There are a handful of boats that have appreciated in value and a few that will hold their value but no great windfalls to be had. None of the 50s and 60s boats are worth 300K, even in perfect condition. None are worth 30K. At least, not that I know of. There are some 70s boats that cost a few thousand that are still worth roughly the same few thousand.
    There is the odd boat, such as the Glastron Scimitar, that is worth 10~15K. That would be for a copy in perfect condition with the Mercury outdrive and with the Glastron aluminum trailer. That's more than the boat cost new.
    I've called about a few older Glastrons and had the seller cite the existance of the CGOA and then suggest a price that is entirely stupid. Perhaps this will cause an upward rise in old boat prices for which a support site exists. I don't think the movement will gain traction, however, as a boat is a consumable and they only have so much life in them.
    I think the biggest factor in keeping used boat prices up is the increase in price of new boats. It's starting to make more sense to maintain and re-power older boats and that will reduce the supply of old hulls.

SummitKarl
    If you have followed Campbell boats at all you would know it's already begun.
    The 24' cuddy is a very popular boat and seems to be quite the prestige symbol here in Havasu. the boats have not been made for many years (10yrs I think), with a limited supply and their popularity, the prices are going up, about 50% over the last 5yrs I have been dreaming/drooling at them.
    so It's entirely possible that certain makes and models could climb in value, and of course like me, there are always people that will be loyal to a certain make and model.
    I can see a trend building and to borrow a car term RESTOMOD, restoring of older boats with modern running gear, as prices for new boats go through the roof like $260k for a local manufactures deck boat :jawdrop: :hammer2: the only option left to many will be the pre-owned/restored market.

wsuwrhr
    What about the older wood boats?
    Brian

spectras only
    Cars boats etc... have collector values if a name attached to it . Elvis' tiny runabout boat went for 40 K ! If that boat was mine ,couldn't get more than a 1K for it . If the item has racing history that helps tremendously. My vintage motorcycle sold for twice the price what the new [ famous ] owner paid for ,after he resold it :idea:

boatsnblondes
    Speeking of Yenko Nova's....check THIS out......
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chevr...QitemZ46151790 96QQrdZ1

ThongMagnet
    I think it began 20 years ago. I bet these if ever for sale could fetch $50K + in a barrett Jackson type auction.

superdave013
    Is there such a person as a "Classic Hot Boat Collector"?
    Will a 1977 Eliminator Daytona be worth as much as a 1969 Yenko Nova ($300K+) in ten years? :idea:
    I didn't know Yenko Nova's delamated too. haha j/k

ThongMagnet
    Anything stored outside will delaminate(including your skin) . Check out these other ***boats. I here this collection could be worth more two 2016 49' Eliminators

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast