Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spectra 24xs

Howard77
    I have a Spectra 24xs, it is coming out of the gel coat shop in three weeks. I just finished a 454 gen5 with roller cam, roller rockers, JE piston aluminum heads, should push 450 hp. The boat will be done except to uhpolstery. anyone have an idea what I could sell it for?

SPECTRABRENT
    I have a Spectra 24xs, it is coming out of the gel coat shop in three weeks. I just finished a 454 gen5 with roller cam, roller rockers, JE piston aluminum heads, should push 450 hp. The boat will be done except to uhpolstery. anyone have an idea what I could sell it for?
    Any pics?
    Brent

HM
    Is this the one with the dash moved forward that they also call a coast guard edition?

Howard77
    will have pictures up when it gets out of the gel coat shop, will have pictures of the motor next week
    Not sure about the dash being moved forward it has been at the gel coat shop too long

SPECTRABRENT
    Is this the one with the dash moved forward that they also call a coast guard edition?
    Spectra made 2 decks for the 24, the deck with a cuddy cabin (tall deck)
    and the daycruiser deck with no walk thru (low deck). I dont know of a Coast Guard edition Spectra 24.
    Thanks,
    Brent

jh4rt
    The coast guard actually used the cabin boat... with a huge wooden framed windshield. They were cool. They used some 20 Spectras as well.
    XS actually stands for "experimental Skevo". A guy named Bill Skevo wanted to go ocean racing with the Spectra's, and ... they built a "sit down" version of the 24... more like the 20 and with a longer deck. This boat was awesome, except when you took a green one over the bow....as all the water would go right into the cabin. That part sucked. But otherwise, it was like a big Spectra 20.

Howard77
    this is the low deck 24xs, drive like a 20. will have pictures up in three weeks

HM
    Spectra made 2 decks for the 24, the deck with a cuddy cabin (tall deck)
    and the daycruiser deck with no walk thru (low deck). I dont know of a Coast Guard edition Spectra 24.
    Thanks,
    Brent
    My brother has a Spectra 24. I don't know if it is officially called a Coast Guard Edition, but this particular model was made for the Coast Gaurd. Large Single Step on the Deck with a Cuddy Cabin, but the cock pit area has about 2 extra feet over the other Spectra 24's I have seen- it is extremely roomy.

full throttle
    You could sell it cheap to me! I've wanted an "XS" low deck 24 for a long time. I've got a monster motor that would be nice in it.

BobbyB
    throw out a pic and a price so we can get this party started. What year?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast