Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bandsaw Blades?

sdpm
    The top Mfg have been mentioned. You can buy the rolls of bladestock from any of the discouts places MSC, KBC, Travilers. For the people having trouble with blade life. The rule of thumb is three teeth in the material. Several companys are making blades that have several pitches ground in them to cover a broader range of work piece thickness. I have found they work ok on horizontal saws, But surge on the verticals. You can request a blade speed calculator from Starrett and Sandvik. It is simple slide chart. Try using Bees wax on the Vertical saws and abrasive discs when working with aluminum. Works great and smells better than the blade greases.
    I tried getting some wax from those little bastards but they wouldn't give it up so easily!

superdave013
    You guys ever think of spray misting the blade on your vertical band saw?
    They work pretty dandy on my Bandit CNC delio. Mess is not very bad and one gallon (4 oz of spray juice mixed in) lasts almost all day.
    The other cool thing is the air blows the chips away so you could see yo line better.

Stab-n-Steer
    I get the cheep O's at KBC tools. Just changed one and the old one was at least 2 years old.
    Funny at my old shop we would replace them all the time because they would break. I would ask, hey are you pushing down on the saw?? Oh no, not me. yeah right.
    So I hire a temp guy the other day and the first thing I said was "don't lean on the bandsaw". Yup, I replaced the blade that day. lol
    I feel your pain SD... On my vertical my blades last forever (I use Lennox brand) if I am the only one using it. The other day a friend came over and wanted to cut out a shape on 1/2" aluminum plate. I offered to cut it out but he insisted he do it so I set the blade speed, height, etc., and told him to feed firmly but gently... I barely walked away when I heard the awful - PU-WANG - CLANG, CLANG, CLANG!!! His comment, "Oh, must of been a bad blade"...
    S&S

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12