Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Holley running too rich

GofastRacer
    Thunderbutt:
    GofastRacer:
    You got that right, anytime I build a Holley, the main body automatically gets milled flat and I make sure the metering blocks are flat also!.. GoFast, If you pull the bowl and the matering block and see the inprint of the holes, can you assume that they are OK? I've never had mine milled. If there is more gas leaking into the manifold would it make it idle bad? Not nessarily, you could see an imprint even if the body is warped because of the thickness of the gasket. When you tighten down the bowls, the gasket compresses and will conform to the shape of the body but may not be enough to do the job. If you take a straight edge and run it across the body, you will see the dicrepansies.
    If you have an internal leak and gas is leaking into the manifold while at idle, yes it will affect how the engine idles because it's adding extra fuel OTHER than the idle cicuit. The easy way to tell is if you can turn the air adjustment screws in all the way and the motor keeps running, if it does then you have a leak somewhere!..

SchellSchock
    heck the needle valves aren't leaking.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12