Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: insurance offroad?

termiteguy
    my son was offroading at gorman and one of his friends ran into his truck. they agreed at the time to split the cost of the repairs to my sons truck as there was no damage done to the other truck. my son has made attemps to collect half of the cost to repair his truck with no sucsess. my question is does your insurance cover you for offroad? and is this kid liable for the damage to my sons truck as it was parked at the time of the accident.
    thanks for the help rob!!!!!!!!!!

Mod VP
    Was the truck that hit him a ford ranger???

termiteguy
    yes how did you know? were you there?

Glamasu
    All depends how much info you have to give....I know some insurance won't cover if your so far off the paved road...

termiteguy
    not very far maybe 100 yards

Outnumbered
    Do yourself a favor and don't make the claim unless it is over $3,000. You will pay for it many times over in higher rates for the next 3 years. Just pay out of pocket and raise your deductibles if you have not already.

uvindex
    my son was offroading at gorman and one of his friends ran into his truck. they agreed at the time to split the cost of the repairs to my sons truck as there was no damage done to the other truck. my son has made attemps to collect half of the cost to repair his truck with no sucsess. my question is does your insurance cover you for offroad? and is this kid liable for the damage to my sons truck as it was parked at the time of the accident.
    thanks for the help rob!!!!!!!!!!Some friend.
    Yes, if the kid hit your son's parked truck then he (the kid) is liable for the damage to your son's truck (unless something funky was going on like your son's truck was parked in some really dumb place, like in a trail over a blind hill).
    Threatening the kid with getting his insurance company involved (even if he wouldn't be covered because he was offroad) might get him to cough up the money. Sounds like this friendship is over either way.
    Good luck!

Glamasu
    not very far maybe 100 yards
    Give it a shot but I would be as vauge as possible about being "Offroad".....As far as the other guy being liable for damages????You can sue anybody but is it worth it in the long run???I would presume the friendship is on the rocks at this point.....Lawyers are expensive( No news flash there)....You might sick you insurance co. on him and see what happens.....either way your no worse off than you are now....IMO

termiteguy
    Do yourself a favor and don't make the claim unless it is over $3,000. You will pay for it many times over in higher rates for the next 3 years. Just pay out of pocket and raise your deductibles if you have not already.
    the only problen is my son only has liability ins. on his truck because of the age 94 toyota so i was going to go after the other kids ins.

Outnumbered
    the only problen is my son only has liability ins. on his truck because of the age 94 toyota so i was going to go after the other kids ins.
    Yea, but your insurance will probably cancel him if he is young and then he/you will be screwed. The claim is like a ding on your credit in the insurance biz. How much is the repair?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast