Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Bush sets global climate meeting

ULTRA26 # 1
    Although I am not a big believer in the man made warming issues I think an entirely new industry will be created from it. I think it will also push us off of crude based products, which is good.
    There is evidence also suggesting we have a coming ice age that is way more destructive then a warming. I also worry that we will take action that will hurt our environment more then help it, who really knows, we cannot even predict the weather a year in advance correctly.
    So Ultra out of curiosity if you believe we are the cause of global warming do you feel any internal conflict when driving the Lightning or that big ass deck boat? :idea:
    Sorry, I didn't notice your question.
    The boat has stock Merc 496 power and is fairly good on gas. The 496 is rated as an Ultra Low Emission engine. A far cry from my blown 502 from a few years ago.
    The Lightning gets driven about 150 miles a month, towing the boat. It stays parked in AZ with the boat I drive a Honda Civic SI.
    No conflict bigq, he has an "Ultra-Efficient Fuel Injection System " on that 496CID engine.
    He won't speak of the truck, several people have asked the same question, and been ignored.
    Probably already ordered the catalytic manifolds for the boat too, eh ultra?
    The Great Global Warming Swindle thread (http://www.***boat.com/forums/showth...global+warming)
    Ah, here he finally answered:
    I drive a Civic not an SVT Cobra, like a did a years ago That big ol boat gets better fuel economy than those little jets. Stock Merc Ultra low emission power No longer driving a boat with a blown 502 The truck lives in a different state, with the boat. it only tows the boat. Much of my household lighting is LED. My appliances and systems are all energy efficient. All duel payne windows. I'm using less than half of the energy and fuel I did 2 years ago.
    A quaint one from Ultra's past. :idea:
    And you still have a problem that I am making some effort to use less fuel and enegry. I'm not perfect nor have I claimed to be.
    I'm using less than half of the energy and fuel I did 2 years ago
    Is a fact.
    BTW, my truck is a gas pig, the reason that it stays parked in the garage in AZ. 5000 miles in the last 2 1/2 years. Can't buy a diesel that will fit in the garage. My daily driver is still a Civic
    And your point?

Steve 1
    Do not be to hard on Ultra and Bent they just invented the renewable energy Biogas grill.
    http://www.UploadYourImages.com/img/555585gasgrill.jpg (http://www.UploadYourImages.com)

Steve 1
    Ultra is getting a trailer hitch on his bike here.
    http://www.UploadYourImages.com/img/...oweredbike.jpg (http://www.UploadYourImages.com)

ULTRA26 # 1
    :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping:

Steve 1

never_fast_enuf
    The boat has stock Merc 496 power and is fairly good on gas. The 496 is rated as an Ultra Low Emission engine. A far cry from my blown 502 from a few years ago.
    The Lightning gets driven about 150 miles a month, towing the boat. It stays parked in AZ with the boat I drive a Honda Civic SI.
    How in the heck did I miss this gem??? rotflmao! You have got to be kidding me?!?!
    A 496 is "fairly good on gas"? Well hell yeah...when you compare it to a 777 jet engine.
    Dauuuum Ultra, you wonder why I call you and the rest of the libs hypocrites.
    This is very telling as to how your mind actually works and it is truly scary.

ULTRA26 # 1
    How in the heck did I miss this gem??? rotflmao! You have got to be kidding me?!?!
    A 496 is "fairly good on gas"? Well hell yeah...when you compare it to a 777 jet engine.
    Dauuuum Ultra, you wonder why I call you and the rest of the libs hypocrites.
    This is very telling as to how your mind actually works and it is truly scary.
    No I don't wonder. Clearly you have nothing more intelligent to say.

SmokinLowriderSS
    Yea NFE, it's ALMOST as good on gas as the 140HP 3-banger Volvo used to comonly use.
    What's the fuel consumption comparison between a:
    lean-running carbureted 454 CID V-8 running arround 16:1, and a
    lean-running injected 496 CID V-8 running arround 16:1. :idea:
    Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..........................

ULTRA26 # 1
    Yea NFE, it's ALMOST as good on gas as the 140HP 3-banger Volvo used to comonly use.
    What's the fuel consumption comparison between a:
    lean-running carbureted 454 CID V-8 running arround 16:1, and a
    lean-running injected 496 CID V-8 running arround 16:1. :idea:
    Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..........................
    WTF are you talking about 16:1.
    There is no comparing a computer controlled FI motor and a carbed motor. You can electronically map the air/fuel ratio over the entire power band with an FI motor. No way a carb can do this as efficiently.

SmokinLowriderSS
    WTF are you talking about 16:1.
    You don't know much about gasoline engines, do ya?
    Pay attention here.
    Stochiometric (perfect) gasoline air ratio for burning in an internal combustion engine is aproximately 13.7 parts air, to 1 part gasoline, by volume. 13.7:1
    A "rich" mixture may be down arround 12 parts air to 1 part gasoline. If I recall correctly, it gets unstable down in the 11's. 12:1
    A "lean" mixture, is generally up in the 16 parts air to 1 part gasoline.
    Up in the 17:1 range, it again, becomes unstable
    A lean mixture has the most air, and allows the gasoline to burn most completely in reality, not under "stociometric book perfection"

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast