Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Any Watch Connoisseurs?

Hallett19
    So I'm looking to buy my first watch. I dont wear watches so I dont want to spend too much money just in case I end up not liking it. So, I'm looking at a few options for an entry-level watch. I have narrowed it down to these two watches.
    Tag Heuer 2000
    http://www.watchclick.com/itemimages/wk1112-ba0311.jpg
    Tissot T-Touch
    http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.c..._1960_24874155
    Since price is an issue, I can pick up the Tag Heuer for $695, originally is $996, however is an old model and is no longer made (replaced by the Link)
    The Tissot T-Touch is $418 and is originally $695. The Tissot is more casual but can be worn dressy too, it also has a pretty cool rubber band (orange and black) and the Tag is, well, its a Tag, one of the best watches made, but its almost twice as much.
    I appreciate your guy's opinion.

rrrr
    My Tag has been bulletproof. I've worn it for 13 years.

franky
    Tag. I have the 2000, different color, wife has a couple, one dress, one sport. Bullet proof watches. Poor (practical) mans Rolex. The first Tag we got I found in the driveway of a gas station. It had been run over a few times. Took it in and had the crystal replaced and cleaned up. Wife wears it to this day (utility watch). Although I do love the submariner and Rolex in general, can't see tying up that kind of money money on a watch. Wife has fancy one, just not me. Too Beverly Hills/baller/status.
    But then again Lori and I have that annual argument about why she (selfishly) would tie up that much money on any jewelry when you could buy a lot more of lifes enjoyments (shared) using that money for something else. However, when I do get dumb enough to start that argument, she drags me out to my shop and asks how much those blowers or those motors or those CMI's or those boats cost, so I seldom bring it up.
    My daily driver is a Seiko Eco-drive titanium watch LOVE it. Lighter than heck so don't even know you have it on.
    IMO

spectras only
    The Breitlings I like are 20K+ , but saw some affordable ones at Costco lately . I wear a dress gold Eterna , but prefer my Fossil Sport Chronograph for everyday use , especially on the boat .The Fossils come with an 11 year warranty to boot .
    Here's the Fossil I have , it looks much bigger in life .
    http://www.google.com/products?q=Fos...oogle&ct=title

Hallett19
    Spectra, the way I see it, I'm looking to buy my first weekend sports car, I dont want to start off with anything too crazy in case I dont like it or have time for it. So I start off with a mustang (Tissot), move up to a Vette (Tag) then if I really like it, go for the Ferrari (Breitling,Cartier,Rolex).
    I could go spend $5k on a watch, but how mad would I be if I dont like wearing it? PISSED!!!
    P.S- Great looking Fossil!!

boat030
    TAG for sure

Hallett19
    You guys have to keep in mind, its an old Tag, no longer made, obsolete, etc.

franky
    You guys have to keep in mind, its an old Tag, no longer made, obsolete, etc.
    Tags will never be obsolete, go for it, good deal.

Steamin' Rice
    Those are both nice watches - If you haven't already, you may want to check out Feldmar Watch in LA - They are a dealer for multiple different watch brands, and they have some great deals. I bought a Breitling from them a couple of years ago.
    http://www.feldmarwatch.com/catalog.html

Hallett19
    Those are both nice watches - If you haven't already, you may want to check out Feldmar Watch in LA - They are a dealer for multiple different watch brands, and they have some great deals. I bought a Breitling from them a couple of years ago.
    http://www.feldmarwatch.com/catalog.html
    Steamin Rice, thats funny, that is where my dad buys his watches and when I finally decide is where I be buying the Tissot, a guy named Ryan over there has been so helpful with me in making an informed decision. The only downfall is, he does not have the Tag, they are really not available in stores anymore, just a few online stores. That is another thing, I would rather walk in and buy the Tissot from Feldmar since they are so cool instead of buying the Tag from an online watch oulet.

Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast