Thread: Need help pricing hull

rivrrts429
    I need some help on an upcoming oppurtunity I have on a boat. Its a 2002 21' Libertator, much like this one http://liberatorfl.tripod.com/id5.html
    I'm not very familiar with the hull but love the lines of the boat and the simple gel scheme. The boat has been sitting for a long time, trailer needs to be powdercoated and gone thru (but road worthy). The interior is good but needs new carpet (faded bad). The boat looks like it has been sitting for a quite a while since it is completely covered in dust but the gel is still in great condition underneath. The boat is motor less but was set up for a big block chevy, rail kit is still there. It has a set back legend pump with a droop. I have no idea what condition the pump is in but would tear it apart if I buy it.
    All gauges and wiring are there and the boat hasn't been cut up. It just really needs some TLC and major cleaning.
    There is a ton of knowledge on this site and I'm hoping you guys can help. Whats a hull like this worth? How do they compare to a Daytona or Shadow? I know they're popular back east and most often are rigged with a whacker. The person who has it is isn't sure of a price and neither am I. He asked me to throw out a number and we can negotiate. I don't have pics but can get some tomorrow afternoon. We're supposed to meet tomorrow to talk money.
    Thanks in advance for your responses.

sstjet
    Should be a pretty nice hull. Check for a round or flat keel. The round keel is better for a jet, helps load the pump better. I wish I had a 21, my 19 cheyenne is awesome but kind of small seating area. The picklefork boats ride great and can be super fast. I would probably start with a price around 10-12k for a boat without power.

MWJSOne
    Glass and un rigged sounds very costly having just rigged out my Kiwi hull
    hull condition and the seats.A visit to the seat shop could be hard on the wallet.

rivrrts429
    Glass and un rigged sounds very costly having just rigged out my Kiwi hull
    hull condition and the seats.A visit to the seat shop could be hard on the wallet.
    Seats are good, gel is good (except for one crack at back of boat, looks like motor caught the top of the hull when someone removed the motor):hammer2:
    I'm more worried about the trailer. Everything is there except the motor. I'm more than capable of completing it, time/labor isnt a problem.
    I will look tomorrow if it has a round/flat keel (good point SSTJET).
    Oh ya...it has manual diverter as well and dock railing needs new rubber.
    Thanks for the continued input

rivrrts429
    Wasn't able to get pics (left camera at home ). Have a little more info.
    The impeller is wasted, but the bottom is flawless. It has a rounded keel and someone just recently worked on the bottom, starting about 14-16" forward of the intake and working back. I hope someone can add more input and point me in the right direction.
    Richard

sstjet
    Rounded keel is good, Sounds overall like a pretty solid boat. I would checkout the pump carefully, a Stainless impeller is gonna run you around a G note. Also if the impeller is really trashed the rest of the pump may need some attention.

rivrrts429
    I think I would pull the pump apart and freshen anyways. Overall it is pretty solid, but nothing a little green backs can't fix. I just want to justify what I buy it for. I think I'm helping my cause by pointing out its faults in relation to the purchase price.