I'm shopping for a family-hauler desert toy since the wife injured her shoulder and the doc says no more quading for her (plus she never rode much anyway). She seems to be interested in the Ranger and I think it would be a good way to get the family out there and ride. I fit best in the Ranger for my size. The Rhino feels cramped to me. I'm also concerned about the small Rhino back seat for my growing kids (7 and 12 y/o).
I think we will be doing mostly high country (Big Bear/Flagstaff type) riding in the summer with an occasional dune trip and some occasional local desert riding in winter.
Anyway, I have found some real nice 4-seat rails in the same price range as a tricked out Rhino/Ranger. I know the Rhino is the fad but the rail seems like so much more car for the $$. I have ruled out a Jeep because of weight/size (toy box transport) issues and ride quality. I have had a Jeep and it was good times but the ride is too rough for Mrs. Out#.
So, let's hear your opinions. What should I buy? I will listen to all sides and suggestions.
Thanks in advance.