Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gang Sweep At Lake Havasu

HocusPocus
    Anyone see this going on?
    Fresh air, sparkling waterways and skin-scorching temperatures are part of what attract locals to the Colorado River and Lake Havasu.
    ItÂ’s also a chance to get away from urban living and the crime that comes along with it.
    At least, it was.
    Members of the High Desert Regional Gang Team spent Memorial Day weekend out on the water, patrolling and making contact with more than 35 gang members and arresting 19 people for things like cocaine sales and parole and probation violations, said Deputy Joe Catalano.
    And theyÂ’re going back on Labor Day weekend, Sept. 1 to 3, to let their presence be known again.
    The team took their inaugural trip because the summer prior there were reports that gang members would sit on a boat and sell drugs to other boaters, said Deputy Jason Rosenbaum.
    “We went out there in part to determine whether the perception that gangs were a problem at the river was correct,” Rosenbaum said.
    “We found out immediately that it is a serious problem, and the perception was an understatement.”
    Rosenbaum used to work at the Colorado River station, and he said that the resources there are more than adequate for the population, but it becomes a stretch when the population swells by 15,000 to 20,000 people on certain weekends.
    “They haven’t had a need for the gang training we’ve had, so in part we’re helping them learn to deal with the gangsters we see regularly,” Rosenbaum said.
    Those included three Mexican Mafia gang members and those playing loud music and “throwing” gang signs.
    “When they’re on the boat they have their shirts off with all their gang tattoos showing and intimidating people,” said Deputy Eric Ogaz.
    Officials said that’s one of the biggest problems — that the gang members disrupt an otherwise nice holiday for most visitors.
    Gang members were contacted from San Bernardino, San Diego, Los Angeles, Ventura and Orange counties, officials said.
    Based on what was seen, Labor Day will not likely be the last trip to the river the gang team makes.

finsfan4life
    Piece of shits are like cockroaches...Take them all down....most are Raider fans I'm sure.........a vehicle with Raider stickers or "Raider Nation" on the rear window is great P/C !!!...

RitcheyRch
    Glad to hear the local LE are taking them down.

gramps
    Piece of shits are like cockroaches...Take them all down....most are Raider fans I'm sure.........a vehicle with Raider stickers or "Raider Nation" on the rear window is great P/C !!!...
    The "Raider Nation" moved to the AVI this weekend. What a bunch of idiots.

Jbb
    If they do a gang sweep at Havasu......who will be left....?
    Oh yeah....Kilrtoy....

PaPaG
    Havasu has gotten way out of control with all the Cali gang bangers and all the MMF wannabe fighters and trouble makers. I remember the good old days back when the town was a ghost town by 8pm and the only fight you got into was with yourself deciding on which part of the lake you wanted to hang out in for the day....memories :idea:

Havasu has gotten way out of control with all the Cali gang bangers and all the MMF wannabe fighters and trouble makers. I remember the good old days back when the town was a ghost town by 8pm and the only fight you got into was with yourself deciding on which part of the lake you wanted to hang out in for the day....memories :idea:
    If you can remember that.............. can you imagine how I remember it
    back when??

PaPaG
    back when??
    lol, I cannot imagine, lol...just kidding buddy...

Baja Big Dog
    back when??
    HUH!!!

Baja Big Dog
    Any memories of Vegas, before they had gangs???\
    Dont just pick on the Cali guys!!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast