Thread: Diesel powered gn Boat

Father Nostalgia
    updated diesel. We have been working with Ron Hill and recently tested an
    18" pitch prop at Elsenore. We need a bigger pitch prop. We're ready for the Parker 300.

Racey
    I've always heard after about 15-16 pitch props on v-drives you have trouble with em braking blades, you must be running some pretty tall gears already considering the rpm disadvantage a deisel would have in a v-drive. Definitely a cool deal though. I was down at imco about a month ago and they have been tweakin on getting a duramax running right in a 20 nordic with an i/o. they were telling all kinds of stories about how much trouble they had at first getting the right combination of turbos on the deal. Alot of friggin R&D time i bet. Are you guys gonna be down at Long Beach this weekend?

Father Nostalgia
    I would like to be there, but the nostalgia classes were not on the program, due to they are a local class with no national points. I am working on a probation engine rule allowing diesel powered boats in the gn class, but that won't happen until the new racing year starts.
    As to the r&d, it has been a learning curve the last year. We have tried different v-drives and gear ratios. The present v-drive is a hogged out casale with a 2.125% gear ratio. The diesel has been modified with port and polished heads with bigger valves, heavier valve springs and a different cam. It's like driving with a train behind you, when you accelerate. It's a kick to drive. The drive train is almost double the weight of a big block.

vee-driven
    Bad Ass, You Have My Vote.

lilrick
    I would like to be there, but the nostalgia classes were not on the program, due to they are a local class with no national points. I am working on a probation engine rule allowing diesel powered boats in the gn class, but that won't happen until the new racing year starts.
    As to the r&d, it has been a learning curve the last year. We have tried different v-drives and gear ratios. The present v-drive is a hogged out casale with a 2.125% gear ratio. The diesel has been modified with port and polished heads with bigger valves, heavier valve springs and a different cam. It's like driving with a train behind you, when you accelerate. It's a kick to drive. The drive train is almost double the weight of a big block.
    It's about time you start posting !!!

MBMOSEBILT
    Is that the boat that Al's headers worked on? I saw a picture in his shop. I like the idea.

How does that Rayson ride with the extra weight in it? I would guess it rides great....
    Steve

HighVoltage 329
    Are you running a transmission? Seems like you would need one.