Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: my human resources department is full of idiots

a catered life
    after a 2 year battle for them to fix a major issue with my managers last june they decide to take the bone head move of the year and demote some of my managers...they were looking to shave some money anyway but we never asked for more money but the idiots downtown thought we wanted more money ..so now they decided to demote managers and with this move they would have to demote or fire two union members (teamsters were pissed but hands were tied)....first they tried to do it by senority but when they figured out even though i had 14 years in i was going to be one of the 2 to be demoted they back-tracked..they re-thought their plans and came up with doing it by job duties everyone had been doing for the past two years ...since i was one of two leads i was now safe...but since my GF is one of the other managers (yes we work for the same school district in the same position) she got demoted effective this coming september....that was going to cost us $6,000 over 10 months ...so i told my boss since i wanted to quit anyway i do not have plans on returning this coming september...(this would allow her to promote up to my position) within 2 days they offered me a fulltime position for this summer at my regular salary (i was orginially scheduled to be off one month and was suppose to make $3 less a hour), they offered me a 12 month stipend, and as of this morning she has been reinstated to her old position...gotta love public education
    to make the whole story crazier i had one manager quit this summer and after all this BS no one is demoted except two cooks (union members) that were caught up in this mess

JetBoatRich
    Funny how it works out Willie

River Lynchmob
    Aren't all HR departments a waste of time, money and personel? All they do is add overhead and suck from the bottom line.

havaduner
    That has to be the longest sentence I have ever read.

coolchange
    That has to be the longest sentence I have ever read.
    lmao! But... since it doesn't start with a capital or end with a period is it really a sentence?

scooooter7
    No penalty...No sentence.

thatguy
    lmao! But... since it doesn't start with a capital or end with a period is it really a sentence?
    He said "school district", not a teacher?
    Anyway, that is about right for most HR's. At least ones without intelligent, 1 person leadership.
    I worked for an oil drilling outfit that was a subsidiary of a larger corp. 9 subsidiaries in all. From drilling to real estate investing.
    On paper, it made sense to merge all 9 HR's to one that covered all the different companies. In practice it was a disaster since the companies were so diverse in nature. Took about 3 months and a huge loss before they switched back.
    Tommy

JetBoatRich
    like the grammer checks

Scapegoat1
    My hotel I work for ain't no different As a sup I went to HR concerning an employee and ask for advise how to handle it. They gave me their suggestions and with in a week my boss wrote me up twice since these were his favorites. I told him to take this job and shove and blame HR for the whole ordeal. Further complained to corp of all their incompetence(sp). needless to say i am still their doing a fantastic job.

a catered life
    like the grammer checks
    :sqeyes: being a little rough arent we
    grammer checks are for wimps
    and i called you my friend last night

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast