I'm curious what everyone's thoughts are on acceptable low water temps. I just had my motor rebuilt and after getting it together my temps were a little bit high. The impeller that was in it fell apart when it was first started up. I guess it got dry sitting around. So anyways it was replaced but apparently back flushing it did not remove all the debris. When I pulled off the first inline cooler it was packed with rubber and after removing it the motor runs extremely cold. 95-100 degrees under load. I have always thought this was too cold and would not allow proper combustion in the chamber and that the temp should be brought up. I purchased a 160 degree thermostat, drilled two 1/4 inch holes around the edge of it so it would have consistent flow and reinstalled it. I spoke with the guy that installed the motor for me and asked him if there was a better way to control the temp on the motor and he stated that I should remove the thermostat and just let it run at 95 degrees. He said that the belief of this being too cold is an old school way of thinking and that the motor benefits from the additional cooling and will create more power. That as long as it is not so cool as to create condensation in the oil that it is fine and actually preferred. I'm sure he has way more knowledge in this area then I do but I just wanted to get some more opinions before I remove the thermostat.
thanks for your help