Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pinks the tv show

Blown Spectra
    Coulda swore someone posted on ***boat with inside info that the races were real but the pink shit was just drama for TV.
    Brian
    Isecond that.... they dont give the cars away!!!
    Eric

I just spoke to Rich the guy who created the show. At first he did not even want to talk about boats as feature on the show but after a half hour of showing him video online and pleading our case he is pumped on the idea of racing boats. His biggest problem that he is having is that the people that win have no balls and they give the car back or sell the car back at a cut rate. HE DOES NOT WANT THAT He wants the real deal here. He wants people that dont know each other or people that are enemies to race. He hopes you sell the guys car on Ebay or you dismantle it for your own parts. Anything but give the poor guy his boat back. I am supposed to come up with a place and racers that are willing to lose their boat. He does not want grudge races! If you are coming to race, expect to lose your ride PERIOD. Here is how it works:
    You tell him what your boat runs and he puts another boat (you won't know which boat) up against you. If you say your boat runs 9 seconds he will match you with other boats that claim to run 9 seconds. It will be a drop of the hand start and a winner picker at the end. It is a best 3 out of 5. You can negotiate a head start if you like. You can set it up any way you want, just as long as somebody loses a boat in the end.
    The ultimate thing is to come up with a boat and engine worth 8-10K and make it look like it is worth 15-20K (paint) Have people sponsor it and put their name on the boat and get some TV time.
    Who is in?

Call me a pu#$y, but no f'n way.

Blown Spectra
    I just spoke to Rich the guy who created the show. At first he did not even want to talk about boats as feature on the show but after a half hour of showing him video online and pleading our case he is pumped on the idea of racing boats. His biggest problem that he is having is that the people that win have no balls and they give the car back or sell the car back at a cut rate. HE DOES NOT WANT THAT He wants the real deal here. He wants people that dont know each other or people that are enemies to race. He hopes you sell the guys car on Ebay or you dismantle it for your own parts. Anything but give the poor guy his boat back. I am supposed to come up with a place and racers that are willing to lose their boat. He does not want grudge races! If you are coming to race, expect to lose your ride PERIOD. Here is how it works:
    You tell him what your boat runs and he puts another boat (you won't know which boat) up against you. If you say your boat runs 9 seconds he will match you with other boats that claim to run 9 seconds. It will be a drop of the hand start and a winner picker at the end. It is a best 3 out of 5. You can negotiate a head start if you like. You can set it up any way you want, just as long as somebody loses a boat in the end.
    The ultimate thing is to come up with a boat and engine worth 8-10K and make it look like it is worth 15-20K (paint) Have people sponsor it and put their name on the boat and get some TV time.
    Who is in?
    Dude!! can your PM your phone # please????
    Eric

DUNDUN
    if they do indeed lose their cars lots of them have money to build new ones.. like that one guy that owns the rat rod shop in minnesota or something. but that one guy in the white buick(i cant remember but i think it was a buick) that the minnesota guy beat. that was a shitty deal.

Rattle Can Lou
    I can donate one of my "Ratboat" specials. You know. like Billy does. Anyway I can do it for the weekly special of 800.00. Your boat should look like it's worth 20,000 when we here at Minegar's Custom Boat Paint and Hair Salon are done with it. If the demand was enough I could get Uncle Fritz to move the used tire store out of my shop....RCL Merry X-Mas

they really need to work on their editing on that show if anything, it sucks to say the least.

Fiat48
    Call me a pu#$y, but no f'n way.
    LOL. But we know who would do it. Tony would.

Schiada Time
    Watched it the other night for the first time. I agree about the owners sandbagging talk and that cutting to commercial after the start of every race is annoying. I just got cable so everything on TV is exciting to me lately. talk about joining the new millenium. Merry Christmas everyone!
    Hot Rod Hallett

Fiat48
    I don't get the speed channel but I was able to watch some short flicks of what goes on in that show at the speed channel website. Show needs some work but has possiblitys.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast