Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: install out drive on a v drive boat

rancid
    just wondering how hard and what parts it would take to convert this into a in /out board drive. all needs to handle is a 350-400 h.p. small block.
    http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a3...ide_/001-8.jpg
    http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a3...ide_/007-4.jpg

lucky
    why ?

rancid
    more interior room, i have a wife and 2 kids and i want to keep the boat just add more room.

lucky
    more interior room, i have a wife and 2 kids and i want to keep the boat just add more room.
    buy another boat - it is not cost effective unless you have all the stuff laying aroud . you would be better off putting a Jet in if you where dead set against keeping THAT boat ! When you convert you will have Holes to fill , steering to change , motor mounts , countless other issues ! If it where me i would seel the boat minus the motor and find somthing more family orentated! just my .002 Hope all is good and good luck with your prodject !

Havasu Hangin'
    Also, the transom may not be tall enough- if not, the x-dimension would be very deep in the water.

deeee
    how is that going to create more space. If want more space you would be better off sticking out board on it.

DMOORE
    Another thing to think about is transom strength. I would bet that the transom on your boat is not as thick as a boat that is built to have an outdrive on it.
    Darrell.

rancid
    ok well thanks, it sounds like is a no go. and i would save space because i wouldnt have a v drive in the middle of the boat.

Outnumbered
    Buy a nice used family boat with an outboard if you need lots of room for a cheap price. Don't take your family out in that little thing. The extra weight of the I/O will sink the rear and probably end up tearing the transom off anyway. Bad idea.

pw_Tony
    Just finish that thing. Plenty of info from peeps on the v-drive forums. Just takes some initiative to get it purtty again! You go it sanded, detrim it and spray some primer and go from there. It's set up now just needs a little buffing lol:devil:
    Good luck, I bet anything with some bright red or orange or something that thing will be getting compliments everywhere

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast