Well, I'm glad to say I have now, up close and personal without paying admission. They are at the local air show and my new pad happens to be exactly underneath the edge of their perimeter!! Got to watch them practice all day yesterday and I was impressed. The individual performers were so close to me that I could look up and see their heads moving in the cockpit as they pivoted around my house. I've seen normal F-18's turn and these rigs put them to shame! They literally drew a circle around my block at 300+ knots, splitting the air.
I soon got used to the sound until my windows started to rattle heavily. I ran out to the balcony just in time to see six beautiful blue and yellow F-18's wingtip-wingtip passing over me for the "grand finale"!! It was truly awesome, seeing them perform all their signature moves from a few miles and getting to see the outside planes set up for their routines right over my head. I can't wait until they perform for real. I'll try to get some good pics of the guys crankin' and yankin'!!