Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: blown flappers!!

airboater67
    I have the classic trumpet style exhaust dumps with the rubber flapper, after about 2 hours of run time the rubbers blow right off. Any tricks to eliminate this? Currently working on making them hinge with a rubber backed stainless plate. any suggestions?

Ponchatoula has the greatest strawberry festival! Man, what a party. Also miss the Prop Stop and their "Bucket of Worms" ... I need to make a trip back out there this spring.
    Call Mike or Jason at Rex Marine www.rexmar.com or Rexone here on the boards ... thay should be able to fix you up and answer your question.

TahitiTiger
    I had the same thing happen to me. But what happened is I broke in the cam on my trailer. This resulted in me burning the flaps out of my trumpets. This happened cause there is no nice cool lake water to keep them cooled off. Plus my garden house doesn't flow more than 1 psi to my engine.
    Give Tom a call at Jet Boat Performance that is where I got my replacement flaps.
    Good luck

centerhill condor
    so do you run the little creeks bayous in that thing like James Bond in that movie?
    I bet that's a blast!
    CC

airboater67
    Yes, but as you can tell from the pics its still in the upholstery shop. that pic was the first time the boat has been in water in 15 years. I use my airboat to run the swamps. Yes strawberry fest. is getting bigger every year.... come one come ALL!! Thanks for all the info.

Dude ... I love the bucket for a seat! Too funny ... you got big balls if you're driving it that way! Tell me that you took it for a cruise that way
    http://www.***boat.com/forums/attach...9&d=1185852643

airboater67
    Yes we did. Brother had a bucket and i had a bucket. Wanted to get the bugs out before it got the upholstery. Good thing, cause i snapped a throttle cable on this run. Threw in some before pics. and some of upholstery.

Yes we did. Brother had a bucket and i had a bucket. Wanted to get the bugs out before it got the upholstery. Good thing, cause i snapped a throttle cable on this run. Threw in some before pics. and some of upholstery.
    Man that is too cool! LMAO
    Looks like you took on a huge project ... good luck, and have fun running in those back basins & channels!
    http://www.***boat.com/forums/attach...8&d=1185934831

zgoo
    Nice Glastron! I have a 79 CV23 same color and had the same thing happen to me. Went to the best hardware store and bought some rubber and cut out a set in a few minutes and it only cost $1. for both.
    zgoo

airboater67
    The problem is that the ones on there were only 2 hours old, Brand new. Working on a fix, i'll keep you posted.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast