Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Copper Plumbing

Taylorman
    bumping in hopes some one knows a good place to get hard line for engine plumbing.
    Should not be hard to find. I plumbed my engine with it. I use 1/2 .035 wall welded tubing. I buy it in 20 ft joints. I buying it at a local shop that sells fittings to the oil industry. I have a bender and flaring tool for stainless.
    http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b3...t/DCP_6807.jpg

kmenard
    Should not be hard to find. I plumbed my engine with it. I use 1/2 .035 wall welded tubing. I buy it in 20 ft joints. I buying it at a local shop that sells fittings to the oil industry. I have a bender and flaring tool for stainless.
    any chance they would ship some?

ck7684
    A quick search on "google" turned up a few suppliers, so it shouldnt be a problem to find some...

GAWnCA
    Now that looks nice. Maybe when I pull the engine to do a quick go through, I'll go something along these lines. Where did you get the bender and the flaring tool? I've got one for copper but only small stuff.

kmenard
    A quick search on "google" turned up a few suppliers, so it shouldnt be a problem to find some...
    you would think not, but all the ones I saw online will not deal in quantities as low as 20 foot.
    if you know of places that will, please forward them along.

GAWnCA
    It sure ain't cheap!!

GAWnCA
    Ammonia will cause it to crack, so it a bird sh*ts on it, it gets screwed up...If you wanna hardline the motor go aluminum or stainless...
    Aluminum might be a good idea. Galvanized pipe will build up scale and mineral deposits that could really screw up the engine.

Taylorman
    I called the place that i get it and they dont ship. If anyone want some, i could ship it to you. Probably 5 ft lengths would be about the longest you could ship. Let me know if you want some. I got the bender locally also. You need a bender, flaring tool and tubing cutter.

Taylorman
    It sure ain't cheap!!
    How much. This tubing sure is cheaper than braded hose. I think the 1/2 is about $2.50 per foot. You could easily plumb and engine with one 20 ft piece.

MADDOG355
    Taylorman Where did you get the motor plate?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast