Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fix Holley float needle threads?

YeLLowBoaT
    Can't find that in my holley book, even the one from 73 does list that... I t does show pics of that bowl. give me a few all scan in some exploded veiws and stuff.

maxwedge
    I couldn't find it in my Holley book either but it's a '93 edition.

YeLLowBoaT
    here is a scan of the old school ( side hung) 4150/4160 expanded view. sorry if its a little big
    http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n...TeR/img001.jpg
    linkage just in case you want to zoom in and shit here (http://s110.photobucket.com/albums/n...ent=img001.jpg)

maxwedge
    Pretty much looks the same. I think I'm going to walk through the local slavage yards to see if I can do a side by side comparison.

bajarunner
    What about just replacing the carb? The throttle shaft in that 40+ year old carb must be worn out too.

Squeezing Spectra
    Whatchu need i got with flapper and with no flapper ?

The Holley book says List #3075 is a 2 bbl for a Rambler [for you young'uns thats AMC ] 1960 thru 64 250-287-327 V8 engines. Your bowl is nothing special and should be easily replaced. You may have to modify the bowl vent as the origional bowl shows the old style vent valve with the neoprene valve and your pics shows a later style vent.

maxwedge
    Sounds like you guys are right on the money. I called the Holley tech line and the guy there seemed to know his stuff. He said pretty much any bowl that style would work except for the flapper deal, which he also informed me was mainly an attempt to keep the fuel from percolating in the bowl on hot engines, and I guess it never really worked all that well. The bowl is still vented into the air horn just like normal, so it really dosn't matter if I eliminate it.
    So, now that we got that all figured out, I guess I just need a dirty old bare bowl, as long as the threads are good I'll just throw all my parts on it and go. I'm just trying to get this thing running well enough to take to a cruise night or two before the end of summer. Winter time is when the true hot rodding will begin.
    Squeezing-I sent you a PM

Squeezing Spectra
    Maxwedge check your pm

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12