Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New To Jets

GAWnCA
    I just bought one from REX. I know he has em.
    Thanks and I may as well get the "L"bows at the same time.

Congratulations on your "project" Millers are nice boats (I've owned several)looks like you chosen a nice one !! I'm sure you'll enjoy the experience !! Tom

gr16241
    Keep the thermostat - they work very well. The reason it has been drilled out is because it was probably for a Chevy 454 as they don't (or didn't) make them to fit the Ford big blocks. Inside the housing should be a spring and black plastic round piece along with the thermostat. You can get a plumbing diagram from Rex Marine.

suckin&pumpin
    I found a buddy close by with a jet and looked at his ALOT for answers, Dont know where you are in nor cal but I am in Dixon and if you ever need to see somethin or need a hand just yell

You are more than welcome to haul it up to Colfax. I will give you a hand.

GAWnCA
    Congratulations on your "project" Millers are nice boats (I've owned several)looks like you chosen a nice one !! I'm sure you'll enjoy the experience !! Tom
    It seems like a well built boat just needs some of that TLC to bring it back into shape. I do hate it when people just make-shift fit things that do not belong with what they are working on. I'm a real stickler when it comes to wiring and when I see plug wires burned because they were allowed to hang on the headers, it just tells me someone was lazy.
    The plumbing is in what I think is a mess and I don't like seeing hoses looped back on themselves just because the people were to lazy or too cheap to go get the correct fittings.
    I do think, since it does run, I'll take it out just to make sure it doesn't have major hull problems.
    Got any of the fittings I need?

GAWnCA
    Keep the thermostat - they work very well. The reason it has been drilled out is because it was probably for a Chevy 454 as they don't (or didn't) make them to fit the Ford big blocks. Inside the housing should be a spring and black plastic round piece along with the thermostat. You can get a plumbing diagram from Rex Marine.
    I pulled the thermostat housing and there' NOTHING inside there. I guess I'll just replace it with the housing that doesn't have a thermostat and call it good.

rp14
    New to Jets also, just picked up a 25' 1977 Hawaiian Boats Cruiser with a Ford 460 and Jacuzzi YJ Jetdrive. It'll need some work on the floor, a good paint job and the engine freshened up.
    I noticed a lot of locals here in N. California especially Sacramento.
    I am in need of advice to what to put in my Ford 460 engine to give it a little more power if I really need it? The boat has been sitting for over 15 years and I'd like to remove the engine to freshen it up as well as add anything else to make it run better. I know I'll need the top end such as the carb and aluminum manifold, the heads will get new valve springs to match the new cam and possible roller rockers and tappets (if worth spending the money). New electrical, distrubitor, coil, etc. The bottom end looks like it could use new rings, won't know till I measure them.
    The jet drive can be freshened up as well, any advice there?
    I also need to fix or replace the trailer due to the jack giving away and bending the front of the trailer upwards about 10" or so.
    Lot of work ahead of me and I think it'll be worth it. Basically I want to have everything in new or good condition to give me a piece of mind and not have a dead boat in the middle of the lake.
    Hope this wasn't too long,
    Ron

GAWnCA
    I found a buddy close by with a jet and looked at his ALOT for answers, Dont know where you are in nor cal but I am in Dixon and if you ever need to see somethin or need a hand just yell
    Howdy,
    I'm in Sacramento. Thanks for the offer. I think I want to head out and get this thing wet before global warming sets in and we have too little water to drive on.
    I've you've got some photos that would help.

GAWnCA
    You are more than welcome to haul it up to Colfax. I will give you a hand.
    Thanks for the offer. If push comes to shove, I just might take you up on that.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast