Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Ford vs Toyota

rrrr
    Please inform all of us of what Ford trucks are made in Canada? I call BS.
    My bad!
    It seems Ford got sick of the Canatard truck assemblers and closed the plant.....
    Ford undertook a restructuring program in 2002 that included more than 20,000 job cuts and the closing of the Ontario Truck Plant, which now sits empty next to the Oakville Assembly Plant.
    Ford used to build F-150s there......actually I had two Canada built F-150 work trucks, one was traded in at 190,000 miles, the other at 246,000 miles. Never spent any money on them other than scheduled maintenance.
    Just lucky I guess.

rlj676
    I was pretty sure they are only built in Dearborn and KC for F150, and Superduties in Kentucky.
    Oakville does make the Edge though, which has been good quality wise.

rivercrazy
    Ford Quality? They lead the recall lists with just about all the largest recalls in automotive history......In the last 2 years they have recalled over 6 million trucks and SUV's alone........
    http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servl...iness/America/

HavaSkank
    I drive a Ford but I'm sexually involved with a Toyota Corp man. Does this make me a Pinko or just someone who is not brand loyal?
    I think it makes me a horny broad just looking for some action whereever it's offered. Hell, I'd do a Used Yugo salesman during a serious sexual drought if push came to shove. (pun intended)

Stoneman
    The real question is; How good would Ford & GM be if there was no Toyota? :idea:

rlj676
    Ford Quality? They lead the recall lists with just about all the largest recalls in automotive history......In the last 2 years they have recalled over 6 million trucks and SUV's alone........
    http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servl...iness/America/
    Yes Ford Quality; on the newer models. Look at all of the JD Powers and other quality indicators of recent. You reference a recall of 1994 to 2002 model trucks. Not exactly current huh? It is well known there were quality problems then, hence the dedicated effort to improve by the big three.
    I still think Honda is more of a benchmark for quality than Toyota, they just don't have a full line of vehicles.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234