Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lavey Craft Boats?

OCMerrill
    Its a 1996. The Seats have all been redone, as well as all the wood. the merc 225 pro max has a new 06 lower unit. but it does not have the hydro steering. is that going to be a big problem?
    With a well tuned 225, slight headwind, little ripple in the water...that boat will hit between 75 and 80 mph. That should be enough to get a little pucker factor out of your friends.
    With a smaller boat you dont need a 120+ mph to scare the shit out of yourself.
    Desertbird here has the 22.5 model. So far I am the only 20.8 that I know of. His is a closed bow and mine is a factory bowrider.
    A 96 Lavey is a Camaire (sp? sorry) Brothers (current owners of Lavercraft) and mine '92 is an Al Lavey boat - one of the last ones he made before the sale so I was told.

Outnumbered
    From Laveycraft.com...
    21 XTSKI
    Introducing a New Era in Vee-Bottom Performance“THE LAVEYCRAFT STEPPED-VEE”
    Conventional vee-bottom hull technology has remained virtually unchanged for the past thirty years. But, through extensive research and testing, Laveycraft has created a significant breakthrough in monoplane hull efficiency… the ‘stepped-vee’ bottom. This was accomplished by strategically locating small ‘steps’ that act like ‘mini-turbulators’, mixing pressurized water and air together to help reduce wetted hull friction. The end result is a hull that accelerates quicker, with greater top end speed and stability, without needing a larger engine or more horsepower.
    We invite you to ride in one of our new ‘stepped-vee’ bottoms and experience the difference yourself… it’s the new era of high performance pleasure boating.
    So Lavey does not actually call the 21' model a "Nu Era" but they refer to the new style hull as a "New Era" in design. :idea:

1986 Crusader
    Here Is the Ad Info, BOAT ANd trailer are in exc cond, well taken care of
    1996 LAVEY CRAFT Sebring, 21' Tunnel hull, 225 Merc Promax, new 06 bottom end, new 06 interior, new steering, GPS speedo, jack plate & set back, 2 SS props, bimini & cover, tandem axel trailer, excellent condition, original owner, fresh water only $21,000 OBO

Outnumbered
    Here Is the Ad Info, BOAT ANd trailer are in exc cond, well taken care of
    1996 LAVEY CRAFT Sebring, 21' Tunnel hull, 225 Merc Promax, new 06 bottom end, new 06 interior, new steering, GPS speedo, jack plate & set back, 2 SS props, bimini & cover, tandem axel trailer, excellent condition, original owner, fresh water only $21,000 OBO
    OBO....make him an offer. He is expecting it. Explain to him that there will be hundereds of new boats coming on the market in the next several weeks with summer winding down. If he won't let it go for $18k now he may be keeping it till spring like it or not.

Outnumbered
    Well, did you buy it?

1986 Crusader
    Yep!,15K took it to havasu this weekend. Run's Great!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12