Page 1 of 25 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: True Story About The Death On Thursday

Third Alarm
    I am the paramedic/firefighter who pulled the man out of the water on Thursday August 9 at approximatley 3:30.
    My family and I were sitting on the west beach about 2 miles south of Topock Marina. I saw a man and his son on two separate old style stand up Jet Skiis heading south toward Havasu Lake. At the same time a man was driving a 27 foot Hallet at approximatly 35 miles per hour down the middle of the river when another boat, the Fountain, came upon him at a very rapid speed (approximatley 70 miles per hour). The Fountain boat that I saw was between 27 - 30 feet long, all white in color except for a very large "Fountain" written on the side of the boat in red and black.
    Due to the position that our boat was sitting on on the beach and the fact that we were sitting in beach chairs eatting our lunch, we were unable to see or hear the actual impact approximately 200 yards away.
    An off-duty LA County Sherrif's officer who was sharing the same stretch of beach that we were on approximately 200 yards to the south saw and heard the collision. The officer was unable to get his boat off the beach so he ran to us asking for a phone to call for help. At that time my wife and I, along with the officer, jumped into our boat to help the man. We came upon the man in the Hallet, who had witnessed the accident and turned around to help, holding the injured man's head out of the water. He had also put the man's son into his boat. I dove into the water and found the man not conscious or breathing. With the help of the other two men we were able to pull the man into the back seat of our boat and assess his injuries. He had two blown pupils, no spontanious respirations, and no corotid pulse. He had blood coming from his facial injuries.
    We immediately headed for Topock Marina and yelled for people to call 911. At that time I gave a description to their dispatch of what happened and the description of the boat.
    Two more pontoon style boats that were headed up river helped the man with the Hallet to retrieve the Jet Skiis and bring the young boy to the Marina. The father stayed in the boat for approximately two hours after being pronounded dead by paramedics at scene. Then there was a lengthy investigation from both San Bernadino Sheriff and Mohave County Sheriff's office. We were then followed back to the scene of the accident by the San Bernadino Sheriff for pictures and measurements of the scene.
    This morning (Sunday 8/12) I spoke to Park Ranger at Windsor Beach who informed me that they had not found the boat. The boy was 9 years old and mother and grandparents were killed a few years back in a car accident. There are no next of kin.
    Sorry
    Jeff

Kilrtoy
    This morning (Sunday 8/12) I spoke to Park Ranger at Windsor Beach who informed me that they had not found the boat. The boy was 9 years old and mother and grandparents were killed a few years back in a car accident. There are no next of kin.
    Sorry
    Jeff
    Wow that is beyond a tragedy
    that poor little boy

DUNDUN
    that is horrible. the shit thats been happening lately is unfathomable.
    do you know if the fountain ran him over or whether the guy cut infront of him? im just curious.
    regardless, this asshole needs to be found.

BigDoug
    First off, kudos to you and the off duty police officer for responding upon impact.
    Very sad for the little boy !!................he will be in our thoughts and prayers !!

BigDoug
    In all seriousness, where the hell did this "Fountain" disappear to ? could he have gotten off the water that quick to go undetected ?
    He probably sunk the damn thing and had a friend come get him, this is too crazy out there !!

DUNDUN
    In all seriousness, where the hell did this "Fountain" disappear to ? could he have gotten off the water that quick to go undetected ?
    He probably sunk the damn thing and had a friend come get him, this is too crazy out there !!
    its just such a bummer that there are people out there who do this shit. how can this mf'er sleep at night?

BajaMike
    Hopefully, law enforcement will post and circulate a good description of the "Fountain" and put that guy in jail for a long time....:idea:
    Sorry to family and friends! This is so sad and so avoidable...speeding at 70mph on that stretch of river is just crazy!

DUNDUN
    Hopefully, law enforcement will post and circulate a good description of the "Fountain" and put that guy in jail for a long time....:idea:
    Sorry to family and friends! This is so sad and so avoidable...speeding at 70mph on that stretch of river is just crazy!
    ....there is only one family member, and hes nine.

boatsnblondes
    First, how many Fountains that big can there be out there??? SOMEONE has to know this guy....second..no next of kin for the boy means foster care...great chance for some of you ballers on here to maybe step up and be foster parents??? Or better, adopt???

Kilrtoy
    second..no next of kin for the boy means foster care...great chance for some of you ballers on here to maybe step up and be foster parents??? Or better, adopt???
    I thought the same thing, Actually i thought right away I wanna adopt him, but, I doubt the young man will ever want to see the river again

Page 1 of 25 1234511 ... LastLast