Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: True Story About The Death On Thursday

boatseller2
    Great post Michael. If there is anything Brett,Ernie or I can do, give us a call down at the shop. God Bless you for the heartfelt post. Bob

Dan Lorenze
    I can't believe this happened!! Who does that and leaves the scene??
    I would guess a drunk boater that would rather run than do the right thing. IMO the Fountain will show up eventually. I would imagine the Fountain has damage to the hull, so I can see the boat sitting somewhere getting repaired and repainted, at least the Fountain logos. I can't imagine living my whole life knowing that I was involed in a boating accident where a man (father) died and just did nothing.. Very sad..

TheCarDudes
    Michael,
    Very well said. Having 2 boys of my own at 14 & 15, I can't imagine any other bot noy getting the same opportunities to enjoy life. I share your pain brother.
    This little boy needs everyone's help now. Anything you need from me, just call. I'll be trying to keep up but I'll just wait for you to tell me what we are going to do either as a group or individuals, I'm in 200%.
    George

Magic34
    RTJas or HavasuHangin, this deserves to be stuck at the top please.

lalhc
    Very sad story indeed. My wife is contacting some of her friends to see if we know anyone who works for CPS in San Bernardino. We live in Lake Arrowhead and a lot of mountain folks work for the County.

Ivan Dan
    This is a terrible tragedy and I truly hope the boy is adopted by a loving and caring family. VERY VERY cool of some of you guys to volunteer that quickly to adopt him.
    Does anyone know exactly the way this accident occured? We are so quick to condemn the driver of the Fountain but as far as I've read I haven't heard any details or who was at fault. Either way not stopping was completely wrong and he will pay for that. Is there any chance that he didn't know this happened?
    <---- Not defending the guy just playing devils advocate for a second because we haven't heard exact details and HB'ers tend to jump the gun a bit and want to burn people at the stake.

Jbb
    This is a terrible tragedy and I truly hope the boy is adopted by a loving and caring family. VERY VERY cool of some of you guys to volunteer that quickly to adopt him.
    Does anyone know exactly the way this accident occured? We are so quick to condemn the driver of the Fountain but as far as I've read I haven't heard any details or who was at fault. Either way not stopping was completely wrong and he will pay for that. Is there any chance that he didn't know this happened?
    <---- Not defending the guy just playing devils advocate for a second because we haven't heard exact details and HB'ers tend to jump the gun a bit and want to burn people at the stake.
    I was thinking the same thing....

Downtown42
    . Is there any chance that he didn't know this happened?
    No way. And you can bet alcohol is involved. Prayers for the little guy.

Magic34
    Third Alarm (Jeff),
    You and that off duty PO are probably the best chances on fniding out more about the boy than anyone here.
    Is there anything else we can do right now?
    Oh, and you are the man!

That Guy
    On this site, we all give eachother a hard time in good fun. It is probably the coolest bunch of internet nerds that you will ever find.
    In all my years of being on here, it has been rare when the entire community of ***boat should step up as a whole. Even when one of our own members had passed, not everyone got invovled, which is OK and acceptable. Usually, there are a lot of people behind the scenes off of the boards, such as family members there to cope with the loss.
    However, this story is absolutely horrible. These people were not even part of our community, but we MUST do something.
    Donations, time, food, anything... Hoatboat we must stand up.
    This little boy, is sitting empty. No mother, no father, no grandma, no grandpa. No one to call his own. No parent to kiss him goodnight. No parent to make his lunch for school. No mom or dad to take him to baseball or football. If he played, all the other parents are cheering their kids on, where are his?
    This SUCKS!!!!
    I'm rambling here, but who knows why the kid was on a jet ski. Sounds to me like he had enough pain every day from the other tragic loss that his dad was trying to make every day fun, I dont know.
    To those other members really willing to adopt him... If you do, whatever, and I mean whatever you may need I will make it my promise to help with anything. Anything... If the kid needs money, I will donate. If he needs more than I can give, I will organize a fundraiser and get him money. Whoever adopts him, you are my hero, and I mean that!
    I have so many ideas that can help this kid somewhat get that easier break he so much deserves. I just dont know where to begin.
    This is the time to show what the people of this site are made of.
    I hope they find the Fountain, but right now F#$& the Fountain. Let's make life better for this boy if that is even possible.
    This is simply a great post....really nice sentiment....let us know how we can help...most of us are very fortunate and I believe one of the responsibilities of being so fortunate is to help others when you can...this little guy needs our help.....again, really nice thoughts.

Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast