Thread: What hulls are used in circle racing?

DRK
    Hi Everyone,
    I'm a circle boat racer from Australia whose just found this great website. Just curious as to what type of hulls are used in the US for circle racing? Flat bottoms, runner bottoms? Also what are the popular makes/brands that are running currently? I've also seen the website of Bobby Hewitt with his TR-7 hull which looks very nice, are any of these running in circle races over there?
    Any information would be fantastic!
    DRK

brad22
    Off the top off my head; Biesemeyer, revenge, rayson craft. Depends on the classes for hull type but their are flat-bottom and v-hull's that I know of.
    When morning comes I'm sure you will get a lot more info. on this great question

See below for a link to my Revenge build.
    These days the flat bottoms are raced in three classes,
    SS (Super Stock) single carb BBC 427 ci
    PS (Pro Stock) Not sure on motor size, pretty sure all is legal, no blower.
    K (Kilo) 470 ci, blower.
    Then there are the GN boats which are larger with a V bottom. I am not to familiar with the GN classes.

Moneypitt
    DRK, if the truth were known, most of the flats are a splashed version of this or that. The differences are minor, and in reality no two boats, even boats from the same molds, are identical twins. The hull of choice seems the be the
    Biesemeyers, but the Revenges produced by the Goetel brothers back in the 80s are also in demand. The "Canary", (Faulkner Racing) boats have also been in the winner's circle for decades. The D'Cucci hulls have been around for decades as well, and those boats have their share of wins as well. Joey Cucci has just completed a "dream" shop in Havasu and is still producing new hulls, maybe the only one of the old school types still doing that. I'm sure there are others here that know alot more about these hulls, and hopefully you'll get all the info you're looking for........Ray

DRK
    Thanks for the info guys, much appreciated. I'll take a look around the net for more on these hulls. Still intrigued to know, is anyone running a Hewitt TR-7 in circle racing?

LeE ss13
    Thanks for the info guys, much appreciated. I'll take a look around the net for more on these hulls. Still intrigued to know, is anyone running a Hewitt TR-7 in circle racing?
    No. Drag boat only. Very Fast.

CircleJerk
    Ask him if he still has his candy red Lavey, they are circle boats for real MEN like you all down South!

hotwireflyer
    These days the flat bottoms are raced in three classes,
    Although they dont run a VDrive in racing trim, a Crackerbox is also a flatbottom. P74 Hotwireflyer