Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Huntington Beach Race Results???

Laveyman
    Does anyone have the race results from the Pacific Offshore Races at Huntington Beach this weekend? I checked their site and, as usual, they haven't even posted the results from previous races, let alone last weekends.

Spirit of Discovery
    what classes do you want to know about? We had 19 boats and 9 classes. In the big boys,
    Super Cat, #40 Ettore/Kidstuff
    Super Cat Light, #15 Eliminator
    Super Vee Light, #7 Lucas Oil
    F-2 #F2-55 Speedwear
    F-1 #F1-48 Flashwave
    Unfortunately, your Lavey took a close 2nd to the Flashwave. It was great to have that boat back on the water!! If you're curious about anyone else, feel free to e-mail me!

RiverToysJas
    Spirit of Discovery:
    Unfortunately, your Lavey took a close 2nd to the Flashwave. Smooth water racing?

Spirit of Discovery
    Not too bad!! A little bumpy. One gut blew the bottom of his seat out!!

Twisterf205
    Ya, I would say it was like a pond out there. wink

SoCalPower
    Did any drives fail? If yes, what type?
    Thanks,
    db

Flashwave
    Very sad, but a Super Cat Light with IMCO drives both failed. One on Saturday and the other I am told during the race on Sunday. Ugly and expensive I'm sure. The first failure looked like a universal broke and took out the gimble. Not sure about the other drive.

cigarette1
    Flashwave .... you guys were hauling azzz. I'm not sure, but, did you guys lap the Ettore V-bottom?
    One more item to add to my boats resume:
    Official APBA Offshore Pace Boat - Huntington Beach 2002
    Frickin' Ay Dude !!!!

Twisterf205
    cigarette1 are you the boat that started the race? If so great job and thanks.

Flashwave
    cigarette1. Thanks for the kind words. I could only wish. The Ettore boat (v bottom) runs twin Vortec 8100's and probably is a 100+ mph boat. We run about 80. So the only way we could lap them is if they broke.
    As for haul'in azz, a good prop from Bronsen Hill and good setup from Extreme Custom Marine made it so we could blow through that big water. David, my driver says a boat setup well and experienced people in the boat can kick some major azz. I'd say point made.
    Did you notice the Volvo Penta boat? They were flying. The've obviously been doing their homework. All n' all , very exciting racing from the cockpit point of view. Would love to have some more adrinaline junkies from the West Coast slap a number on the side and come grab a checkered flag.
    We're off to Corpus Christi Wedensday to run a pro-series race with a dozen or more Factory 1 boats in equally big water. We'll be back for Pittsburg, CA and Ventura in September. Hope to see you there.
    Jim

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast