Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Stainless Hose/AN Fitting Gurus I have a question

Racey
    My neighbor at the shop showed me his saw to cut stainless braided hose today, the blade is razor sharp, has no teeth, and is smooth, runs it in a chop saw setup, the only thing i can compare the blade to is a Deli Meat slicer blade, it looks almost identical to one only 6" instead of 10" or 12", it has no markings on it. The thing cuts stainless hose so fast and perfect, zero burrs, no burning of the rubber, without taping the hose even. does anyone know where to get one of these or who makes them even???? He said it came from his buddy who worked for an XRP sponsored drag car team but thats all he knew about it. I WANT ONE!!!!

GofastRacer
    I'd like to have one too!..

superdave013
    Gates and NRP Jones both have them. Would you like me to order one for you?
    I use a big pair of Kline cable cutters myself. Removed one handle and bolted it to my bench.

GofastRacer
    How much are they???..

Nostalgic Spectra
    XRP makes a bracket you attach to your circular saw, and the blade. It looks like its a chop saw. If you go to the website you can download the catalog. Thats the only thing you can do on the site. You can't order from it yet. I guess they are still developing it. Where ever you can buy XRP fittings they can order it for you. Don't know how much it is, but it is cool.

voodooCanoe
    Go to Home Depot and get a standard cut wheel for a chop saw. Cuts like butter. I have even used a cut wheel on a die grinder with the same results if your not going to be doing a lot of fittings.

Racey
    Gates and NRP Jones both have them. Would you like me to order one for you?
    I use a big pair of Kline cable cutters myself. Removed one handle and bolted it to my bench.
    Just like the one i described? let me know how much the blade is before you order it for me. thanks dave!!!

Racey
    XRP makes a bracket you attach to your circular saw, and the blade. It looks like its a chop saw. If you go to the website you can download the catalog. Thats the only thing you can do on the site. You can't order from it yet. I guess they are still developing it. Where ever you can buy XRP fittings they can order it for you. Don't know how much it is, but it is cool.
    Thats exactly what he had too, put this braket in the vise and with a standard drive skill saw attached, i dont need the chop saw part just the blade, i can make that part

superdave013
    these saw blades that Racey is talking about are nothing like an standard chop saw blade. They cut butter smooth and clean. Chop saws get grit and crap inside the hose. Sure you can clean them and that's ok if you are doing a few. I bet Racey is doing more then a few.
    Look at the Gates power cutter 207. The scalloped blade is 12" x 1/8" and is part # 78009. <- close to a chop saw
    A nicer hose saw would be the # 2-24. It has a scalloped blade that is 8" with a 5/8" bore. Blade part # 78008
    Or the big brute Gates 6-32. It uses 10' blade with a 3/4" bore. Blade part # 78003.
    I'm sure you could prolly set up one of those blades to work in a chop saw you already have.
    I use these Kline cable cutters. They work so well and require no power. I use them every day and have had them for over 3 years. You can pick them up at Grangers. I only use tape on the last cut so the hose won't fray sitting on the shelf.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...0/DSC02117.JPG
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...0/DSC02118.JPG

lilrick
    Those shears also work well on the fingers of problematic customers!! I can't pick my nose very well anymore!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast