Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Are you CPR certifed, what kind of First Aid do you carry on your boat?

Flyinbowtie
    A good first aid kit in the camper and the boat. Was EMT 1 for a few years. My CPR cert is expired and I want to try to renew it, but I honestly do not know if my back would hold up working on a full size adult, doing one rescuer CPR.
    While working, I was 1 for 3 on CPR.
    I also carry a handheld low-buck basic GPS in the boat and the camper. When on a lake, river or otherwise out in the hinterland, it is a helluva lot easier to guide in a rescue aircraft with coordinates than it is by trying to use landmarks or best-guess distances. If somebody really needs to be medivac'd, time is critical & gettin' the bird in quick can make a difference.

Kilrtoy
    Just remember the best thing you can have on your boat is a SOBER DRIVER
    Not quite sure that is the best thing, but it always helps

Boatcop
    I was a Coast Guard Certified EMT from 1978-2002. Didn't keep it up after I retired, but still carry a Trauma Bag everywhere I go.
    At work and at play.

YeLLowBoaT
    My certs a few years old, I always carry a 1st aid kit in the truck and boat.
    My 1st aid kit for the truck also includes ace bandages, arm/ leg splint, duck tape( which is my band aid of choice) super glue and stuff to handle minor amputations ( fingers and the like) You just never know whats going to happen on the job site, I've seen some bad stuff happen.( most of which were thier fualt, removing safety devices/gaurds)

Kim Hanson
    I get retraining every 3 years on CPR...part of work and yes there is a bandade in my boats Just in case I slip with a beercan .......( . )( . )........

YeLLowBoaT
    i've ordered some kits thru these guys (http://www.first-aid-product.com/) They have both OSHA and ANSI compilance kits for you biz owners.

DeathFlightMedic
    Once again for all those who want to learn or re-cert their CPR or First Aid here is the link
    http://www.americanheart.org/present...tifier=3011764
    I also am a certified instructor and will teach anyone who whishes to learn for FREE
    Just let me know and we can get a class together, anywhere on the river from Parker to Laughlin
    Age 6 to 60 you are never too young or old to help save a life!!!!!!!

Boatcop
    Once again for all those who want to learn or re-cert their CPR or First Aid here is the link
    http://www.americanheart.org/present...tifier=3011764
    I also am a certified instructor and will teach anyone who whishes to learn for FREE
    Just let me know and we can get a class together, anywhere on the river from Parker to Laughlin
    Age 6 to 60 you are never too young or old to help save a life!!!!!!!
    I'll provide the classroom in Parker. Just let me know when.

My Man's Sportin' Wood
    I have my CPR cert due to my profession, but we only have a very basic first aid kit (with maxi pad ). I have a CPR mask in my car and classroom, but not in the boat. I s'pose I'll have to pick up a couple more (one for the truck also). Good thread. You never know when you'll need to use your first aid kit. It should be ready. Mine is not.

Throttle
    Retired firefighter/paramedic. I carry a trauma bag that is stocked to the max.
    this may be true... but do you have any cigars?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast