Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Stereo Problem

Havasu Hangin'
    Remote from the head unit
    If it were me, I'd isolate the three common wires one at a time to see if you can make the noise go away. I'd first run a jump wire from the battery to the amp triggers. If the noise goes away, then you know it is in the head unit- probably a dash ground.
    If not, try a jump wire on the amp ground, and finally a power jump wire.
    like "Bob" said, there are limited things that can be causing amps to make noise.

Havasu Hangin'
    Remote will not cause noise. It's not part of the amp's input or output circuitry, it's simply a toggle that turns the amp on and off. Couldn't happen on one amp, let alone three.
    I have had remote turn-on leads from the head unit cause noise before...but since I don't know what I am talking about, it must have been something else.

HOOTER SLED-
    I have this same problem too. Didn't have any noise when I first did the install. Just started doing it one day. Only while the engine is running. And only comes from the speakers hooked to the amps. Tried a diff ground, no luck. I was gonna try a noise filter.

Havasu Hangin'
    I have this same problem too. Didn't have any noise when I first did the install. Just started doing it one day. Only while the engine is running. And only comes from the speakers hooked to the amps. Tried a diff ground, no luck. I was gonna try a noise filter.
    Probably EMF from the ignition. Wrap your engine in aluminum foil, and it will go away.

HOOTER SLED-
    Does he need to make a matching hat?
    I'll just wrap the foil around my weiner like a Ding Dong............since it is a ding dong.

HOOTER SLED-
    Probably EMF from the ignition. Wrap your engine in aluminum foil, and it will go away.
    lol.......It does whine w/ the rev of the engine. Maybe a sledge hammer will work?

HOOTER SLED-
    Try to play songs that were recorded with engine noise in the music, stuff by The Cars maybe, then it won't be as noticeable.
    Fock.....you're on to something...........How about "We gonna rock down to Electric Avenue........and then we'll take it higher" LOL Eddy Grant................good ole 80's style.

HPBoats83
    I think my boat will be visiting the stereo shop in the morning!

Havasu Hangin'
    Does he need to make a matching hat?
    I hear chicks dig the "imitation baked potato" engine look.

Classic Daycruiser
    1)Does it buzz with the engine on??? how about off?? (this will isolate engine trouble)
    2)Does it buzz with the stereo/head off??? on??? (Isolate Stereo/head from amps)
    3)Do you have dual/multi-batteries setup?
    What did the shop find? What ever it was, make sure it can't happen again...those wave are big.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast