Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Turlock Lake

BAE_557
    Has anybody gone to Turlock Lake recently, if so, are they still hot boat friendly? I have recently heard that they do allow open exhaust.
    Many years ago that was the place to go for hot boats and sanctioned drag boat races.

Familycat
    We have a group of friends that go to Turlock, many with very loud exhaust. No issues with sound. Usually only a few boats on the lake, even on a holiday weekend. Water is a little cold.
    Rick

Itsahobby
    Don't know if it is like this all the time but, the last time I camped there we were overrun by Farm workers in the campground. If you like Mariachi music, all night long, you'll be fine. Oh, and people walking through your campsite day and night.
    If you have not been there, the campground is a couple of miles from the lake.
    I only have been there once, though.

bahner454
    I was at Modesto last weekend, water was hella low. A few others with jet boats were packing it up to go to Turlock; they said it was nice lake and Header friendly. I may be going for the first time this weekend to check it out now that Modesto is a little to low for my taste. They said the main draw back at Turlock was No Beer allowed at the lake.

LandSpeedRacer
    So is Modesto really a crater? I was thinking about towing down there this weekend . . . . .

BAE_557
    I stopped by Modesto Res a few nights ago, the water is very low, I wouldn't run there. Looks like Turlock Lake or Woodward Res might be the place to go.

bahner454
    Is anyone going this weekend if so what day?

BAE_557
    We have a group of friends that go to Turlock, many with very loud exhaust. No issues with sound. Usually only a few boats on the lake, even on a holiday weekend. Water is a little cold.
    Rick
    Thanks for the input.
    I have been hearing conflicting stories about Turlock, some say it's a go while others say it's a no go.
    I took a short trip to Turlock Lake last night to see the condition of the lake, the lake was full, didn't see any cops. Maybe as of late things have returned to the old days out there.
    Has anybody else been there recently besides Rick with open exhaust?

BAE_557
    Is anyone going this weekend if so what day?
    Do you plan to go with open exhaust?
    If you go this weekend, could you tell us how it went?

bahner454
    Yes , open exhaust but I will keep the baffles in the boat just in case .
    I will let U know how it goes.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast