Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sleep Apnea

2forcefull
    I was told that weight isnt always an issue. The disorder center told me that they have seen some extremely thin patients with sleep apnea.
    yeah but are you over weight??? I took 45lbs off my everyday 210lbs
    now at 165, no more snore or sleep apnea
    no more diabetic issues
    no more restless leg sindrome
    and my willie looks bigger!!!

RitcheyRch
    I'm about 20 pounds over weight. I even snored when was younger so not really sure if weight is an issue formme.
    no more diabetic issues

marty722
    no more diabetic issues
    Your Willie looks bigger because you've been pulling on it just giving ya a bad time 2forcefull

FREIND OF AA AND TA
    Try the silent night mouthpiece. Small e-z and you might even get laid with it in. I love it. Glidewell labs i think? Ask your dentist. They take a mold and thats it. No dr no test no stupid machine.

MayDaze
    Ok like most of us have I just came back from the Dr and found out that in one Hr I stop breathing 81 times.... Damm I surprised I'm still alive.. So my question is to you guys that have those funny masks how are you getting use to them? I freaked when they put the full mask on me so I have to have a half mask that just covers the nose. What is the best what that you guys found to work into getting use to sleeping with this thing at night? I was told to use it for 2 hrs a night while watching tv for 1 week until I get use to it and then try sleeping with it. But I'm thinking that I just want to jump right in and sleep with it.... What has worked for you guys??? I know this is kind of personal but hell I never see any of you guys anyways so what the hell....:idea: I won't get it for a week or two but I want to be ready. Thanks.
    http://www.sleepapnea.org/
    Check out that website they have a forum that can answer many different questions. Good luck

2forcefull
    Your Willie looks bigger because you've been pulling on it just giving ya a bad time 2forcefull
    if that was true it would 24'' instead of 12''

Baja Big Dog
    Good luck to everyone trying to get used to using the mask. After 3 or so years of trying I threw mine away...............I tried about 8 different ones and just couldn't get one to fit right. They all leaked and blew air towards my eyes. I think the weight thing is valid, just not that eay to loose any pounds.
    I have a bro that went through the same thing, took him about 6 months, he fought it hard, but for some reason he just got used to using it, he is now addicted to the machine.
    Guess I was lucky, or mentally decided that the quality of life sucked when you would fall asleep at a red light, or have to take a nap every day.....like I said before, it is nice to wake up rested, no more "No Doze", no more pounding down caffeine, no more crack...no nothing....

thatguy
    now when I wake up gasping for air, someone really is sitting on my face
    that may be a good thing
    Was He cute?
    I am a nightmare when I sleep. Hold my breath, wheeze and whine, yell. Once I came to just as I finished a right hook at my wife. But as far as I know I sleep like a baby.
    She video'd me one night. I got up and was "looking for my shoes". had to "put the plug in before we launch". Swear to god I said that.
    I have not tried any devices, but what I have done is change my diet, eat a lot healthier and if I need a nap I take one instead of keep pushing to get things done. Seems to help that I go to bed a little more relaxed instead of worrying about what I did or did not get finished that day.
    I guess I am a mess, like most guys!

Ziggy
    I had no idea so many people were affected by this

RitcheyRch
    My doctor said it is pretty common these days.
    I had no idea so many people were affected by this

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast