Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: screen names

2Driver
    I think perhaps the thread starter felt that it was a little insensitive... ...considering the fact that the little girls family was an active part of that thread...might seem chicken shit to some of you.....but if I was the little girls father ...and was reading a thread designed to somewhat give me comfort ...in the face of the worst kind of tragedy...I wouldnt appreciate it at all...
    under other circumstances its doubtful anyone would think twice
    then again...its just the internet...who cares....
    Good post for the most part. Timing was kind of bad to see that screen name pop up. I was saved by the Heli-Med guys and so was my 2 year old son three years ago but still I don’t think I would not have picked that name.
    ...and it's not just the internet, its a form of human communication just like e-mail, a phone call or being in personal conversation. It just happens to take place in a different format. Just the way I see it, not losing any sleep over it.:idea:

Jbb
    Been their, done this Huh?
    Im over it!....

Wet Dream
    I'm just curious...am I the only one who thinks deathflightmedic is a terribly inappropriate name for a guy/gal who's business is the saving of lives?
    Are you shittin' me? To you and the others that just don't get it...if you are on that helicopter, you're close to death. You don't get the death flight for a broken bone, stupid. Call it a morbid sense of humor, but its truthful and tough shit if you don't like it. I happen to like the honesty in it, and the medics have my full respect. Why don't you go volunteer at the local hospital and see what pops out of the helicopter when it lands. Maybe its a kid with a life threatening illness that takes too long to drive in the ambu for a transport, maybe its a traumatic accident that shuts down the interstate and the person is losing blood and the ambu can't make it to the trauma center as fast as the helo. People wonder why I'm so bitter, its because I hate stupid people.

meaniam
    What's in a screen name? I don't advocate for the devil!
    I'm a fricken angel.:rollside:
    bullshit it dont matter which one i click it leads to the same site.
    http://www.bedazzledmovie.com/
    or
    Devil's Advocate (http://www.bedazzledmovie.com/)
    we have all watched that movie:jawdrop:

Jbb
    Are you shittin' me? To you and the others that just don't get it...if you are on that helicopter, you're close to death. You don't get the death flight for a broken bone, stupid. Call it a morbid sense of humor, but its truthful and tough shit if you don't like it. I happen to like the honesty in it, and the medics have my full respect. Why don't you go volunteer at the local hospital and see what pops out of the helicopter when it lands. Maybe its a kid with a life threatening illness that takes too long to drive in the ambu for a transport, maybe its a traumatic accident that shuts down the interstate and the person is losing blood and the ambu can't make it to the trauma center as fast as the helo. People wonder why I'm so bitter, its because I hate stupid people.
    That is an absolute treasure right there....lmao.......

Sleeper CP
    I think perhaps the thread starter felt that it was a little insensitive... ...considering the fact that the little girls family was an active part of that thread...might seem chicken shit to some of you.....but if I was the little girls father ...and was reading a thread designed to somewhat give me comfort ...in the face of the worst kind of tragedy...I wouldnt appreciate it at all...
    under other circumstances its doubtful anyone would think twice
    then again...its just the internet...who cares....
    Sometimes the obvious is worth repeating, either for the hard at hearing or those that are extremely obtuse. Not sure which one Wet dream is:idea:
    Sleeper CP

fatboy95
    I'm just curious...am I the only one who thinks deathflightmedic is a terribly inappropriate name for a guy/gal who's business is the saving of lives?
    If i were a Urologist would the name "C-ck Doc" bother you???

ratso
    ...as long as you didn't send a death flight medic to pick me up.:jawdrop:

Sleeper CP
    No, but if my child had Down Syndrome and you were his/her doctor and I found out your screen name was "Doc Retard " I think I would find a new Doctor for my kid.
    GET THE POINT YET?:idea:
    Sleeper CP
    565" Ford Lover, 1,000+ HP used safely since 1992

Ziggy
    I knew a person who piloted a Medical Chopper(name left out on purpose) and he called it deathflight as well....it seems to be a name used within. He explained it to me as because its generally extreme trauma cases where as often the vic's are basically dead when they are loaded aboard. Many are saved due to the quick method to get them to trauma centers.
    I noticed the SN and it didn't bother me knowing what I know.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast