Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Are you sure it was a fountain

32sunrkt
    A thought: There are a few boats with Fountain , but more with scarab which is a "Fountain style boat ".....Are the 110% it was a fountain ???

phebus
    On scene witnesses said the boat had "FOUNTAIN" on the side.

Havasu Hangin'
    On scene witnesses said the boat had "FOUNTAIN" on the side.
    I The Fountain boat that I saw was between 27 - 30 feet long, all white in color except for a very large "Fountain" written on the side of the boat in red and black.
    At the risk of sounding like "Captain Obvious"...not sure that "Fountain" on the side is a factory option from Scarab?
    :idea:

RiverToysJas
    A member sent me this via PM.....
    http://www.lakeracerllc.com/PokerRun...6/lo5l7873.jpg
    A good effort, but I doubt that could be mistaken for Fountain by witnesses on both the beach and the boat.
    RTJas

shrek
    A member sent me this via PM.....
    http://www.lakeracerllc.com/PokerRun...6/lo5l7873.jpg
    A good effort, but I doubt that could be mistaken for Fountain by witnesses on both the beach and the boat.
    RTJas
    If you were looking at that boat from behind, you may very well mistake that symbol on the rear deck for the trademark Fountain symbol.
    But Fountain on the side has been the very consistant comment from the witnesses.
    Shrek

HavaSkank
    I have a 1979 17" Bayliner and I had DCB spray painted on the sides, so people would think Im a baller.

32sunrkt
    At 70+ by a person standing on the beach; possibly drinking himself ....?
    Was Fountain written on the side of said boat involved in accident for sure, ...beyond a reasonable doubt ?? ...
    I say the search should be widend, including any possibility anothe rmake wasnt involved. *Leave no stone unturned for that young boy.

riverbound
    I have a 1979 17" Bayliner and I had DCB spray painted on the sides, so people would think Im a baller.
    you splashed my Gel.....err I mean spray paint.

Water Romper
    Further more, you have a cop, paramedic and other “boaters” that all identified the make as a Fountain…I am not a boat expert however I have been boating for 30 years and after awhile, a guy just knows what kind of boat runs by your camp…I have seen this type of boat with the “FOUNTAIN” on the side and you can’t miss it…it’s like the old ELIMINATOR that used to be put on the whole side of their boats…

C-2
    I've been eyeballing Fountains for the past three years, looking to buy one. Of the many hundreds of Fountains I have seen in photos - I only recall a few where Fountain is written on the side in large lettering. Seen it on the front in the windshield area, but rarely on the side as described.
    The mind plays funny memory tricks on you in intense situations. Memory blackouts for witnesses are not uncommon, even for trained professionals. Blackouts when cops shoot suspects, or blackouts when a spouse hurts another spouse - both common. Witnesses tend to engrain an image in their mind, and don't stray from that image, right or wrong. Maybe it is a Fountain, but perhaps the lettering on the side said something else, or the lettering is not as large as believed.
    Even with that being said, my 10 year old neighbor can ID most any boat from amazing distances, and he's usually spot on. He know every hull type, lenght, color scheme etc., so if I have to guess, I think witnesses ID'd more on hull type with the beak.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast