Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Are you sure it was a fountain

Big Warlock
    Let's stay with the witch hunt at hand and leave us poor Scarab drivers alone!!!!
    Absolutely!!

Jordy
    You would think a cop especially one in LHC would know the difference between a 25Â’ Eliminator and a bigger FountainÂ….
    If you want to get really techincal, a 25' Eliminator and a 30' Fountain are actually about the same length, once you get rid of the beak and swim step.
    I still say the drunk guy in the Fountain/Scarab/Eliminator/DCB was cut off by the PWC and then sank his boat and took off to hang out with Ken Lay (of Enron fame) down in the Bahamas.
    Jordy <----- loves conspiracy theorists!!!

topless
    WHAT MAKES YOU THINK MOST OF OUR MEMBERS CAN READ?
    RioOr spell for that matter.

hot_diggity_dog
    I've been eyeballing Fountains for the past three years, looking to buy one. Of the many hundreds of Fountains I have seen in photos - I only recall a few where Fountain is written on the side in large lettering. Seen it on the front in the windshield area, but rarely on the side as described.
    The mind plays funny memory tricks on you in intense situations. Memory blackouts for witnesses are not uncommon, even for trained professionals. Blackouts when cops shoot suspects, or blackouts when a spouse hurts another spouse - both common. Witnesses tend to engrain an image in their mind, and don't stray from that image, right or wrong. Maybe it is a Fountain, but perhaps the lettering on the side said something else, or the lettering is not as large as believed.
    Even with that being said, my 10 year old neighbor can ID most any boat from amazing distances, and he's usually spot on. He know every hull type, lenght, color scheme etc., so if I have to guess, I think witnesses ID'd more on hull type with the beak.
    C-2 very good points!!!!
    I believe it maybe a Fountain but the descriptions of the lettering have changed from Large Fountain written on the side to Fountain inside of the Logo. HHHHMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
    Originally Posted on 8-13-07 12:23amI am the paramedic/firefighter who pulled the man out of the water on Thursday August 9 at approximatley 3:30.
    My family and I were sitting on the west beach about 2 miles south of Topock Marina. I saw a man and his son on two separate old style stand up Jet Skiis heading south toward Havasu Lake. At the same time a man was driving a 27 foot Hallet at approximatly 35 miles per hour down the middle of the river when another boat, the Fountain, came upon him at a very rapid speed (approximatley 70 miles per hour). The Fountain boat that I saw was between 27 - 30 feet long, all white in color except for a very large "Fountain" written on the side of the boat in red and black.
    Due to the position that our boat was sitting on on the beach and the fact that we were sitting in beach chairs eatting our lunch, we were unable to see or hear the actual impact approximately 200 yards away.
    An off-duty LA County Sherrif's officer who was sharing the same stretch of beach that we were on approximately 200 yards to the south saw and heard the collision. Sorry
    Jeff
    Originally posted 8-14-07 4;47pmThe top boat is a very close match to what I saw except the boat was all white and the writing on the boat was the same size and color inside of a red oval.
    The same boat that was ID by an off duty sgt LA sherrifs oficer and the boy, the man in the Hallett and the two pontoon boats that stopped to help.
    We are all positive!!!
    The collision was seen and heard by the off duty Sherrif along with tha man in the Hallett and the boy.
    I saw the boat twice that day. The first time about 20-30 min prior going up river and the last time going down river.
    http://www.powerboatlistings.com/pow.../Full_view.jpg
    HDD

RiverToysJas
    Coincidentally, that only happens when you're onboard.
    :idea:
    I know where the action is!!!
    http://www.rivertoys.com/fun/hh_hef.jpg
    RTJas

RiverDave
    Everyone keeps saying how "rare" it is for the name to be on the side of a fountain..
    Boat trader online, and the very 1st one that pops up under my search..
    http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/3/9/88941339.htm
    I imagine the boat looks alot like this, but the fountain name is probably a little bigger and in red/black.
    Wish that guy third alarm could confirm or deny this.
    RD

Trailer Park Casanova
    Everyone keeps saying how "rare" it is for the name to be on the side of a fountain..
    Boat trader online, and the very 1st one that pops up under my search..
    http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/3/9/88941339.htm
    I imagine the boat looks alot like this, but the fountain name is probably a little bigger and in red/black.
    Wish that guy third alarm could confirm or deny this.
    RD
    Originally Posted by Third Alarm
    "The top boat is a very close match to what I saw except the boat was all white and the writing on the boat was the same size and color inside of a red oval."
    --------------------------
    Wadya think RD about the inside the red oval take?

Pussywhippled
    Because of all of this Fountain talk I took a look at their website. I'm not a real computer geek and I forgot where I saw it and couldn't navigate back to where I saw it, but...
    Does anybody know the model or name of their 35' ?

ULTRA26 # 1
    Because of all of this Fountain talk I took a look at their website. I'm not a real computer geek and I forgot where I saw it and couldn't navigate back to where I saw it, but...
    Does anybody know the model or name of their 35' ?
    I believe it is called an Executioner

Pussywhippled
    I believe it is called an Executioner
    Hmmm...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast