Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tubes

Trailer Park Casanova
    What parent or adult would ever pull a tube, on the River, with young children in it, during a holiday type weekend. I must have seen 50 young tubers last weekend when the River was like being in bumper boats. I don't understand how anyone could be this foolish or ignorant with the lives of others, especially children.
    One step furthur on your take,,,
    Towing kids on a tube while participating in a poker run under those same conditions.
    8-9 boats at a time rolling into-out of each leg/checkpoint on the run.
    Crazy.
    We don't tow holidays, Saturdays or events.

ULTRA26 # 1
    i think it is a judgement call, i would never put anyone in harms way. but will tow a kid slowly. we have taken all my nephews youngest 3 on a tube behind a boat. in circles in uncrowded area. my bro drove. and i dragged behind the tube going 5 mph or so. used up a 40 x 40 area or so.
    it can be safe enough. you just need to make a judgement call.
    Don't get me wrong. Kids can have a great time on a tube, and still be relatively safe. Last Sat. the wait for a safe entrance to go North from Mojabe was about 5 minutes. My point was that kids on tubes don't belong on the water with this many boats and PWC's. It's just plain irresponsible IMHO
    One step furthur on your take,,,
    Towing kids on a tube while participating in a poker run under those same conditions.
    8-9 boats at a time rolling into-out of each leg/checkpoint on the run.
    Crazy.
    We don't tow holidays, Saturdays or events.
    I agree.
    I've always preferred weekdays in coves for tubing.

mbrown2
    You can pull tubes, wakeboarders and skiers....just need to pick your time of day and the location....there are pockets of time every Sat and Sun on the strip where it is safe for towing.......water is empty early, then there is a break in the action around lunch time, then around 6:30 it quiets down again....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12