Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: English

HM
    There is one poster whom I will not name drop on but man his posting is right down mean. I am costantly having a hard time trying to decifer through his rambling. There's no clear start or endings to his sentences. Good god does he come off like a total putz.
    is this the same guy that likes to use quotation marks inappropriately? Most people don't know that quotation marks around anything other than a quote is "sarcasm."

Biglue
    this is an internet boating forum owned by Larry Flint...not the MENSA forum.
    Does anyone know what the word "mensa" means in Spanish? It means "dumb woman". LOL....serious shit.
    LOL, nicely played..... I knew who you were talking about before I figured out who you were talking about. Thats some bad shit...... LMAO
    That oughtta bust those panties right up again huh?

Biglue
    is this the same guy that likes to use quotation marks inappropriately? Most people don't know that quotation marks around anything other than a quote is "sarcasm."
    I don't know if we're talking about the same person or not. I tend to just skip his posts because they tend to give me a dizzy spell trying to read them. If you read my post again, you'll see what I'm talking about.

Biglue
    It's going to be a long one.....watch. LMAO

PaPaG
    I agree that the spelling at times can be painful to read. I was in a boating club that had a newsletter that had so many errors that I didn't renew purely because of the newsletter. I don't like to pay for bad engish.
    But, I try not to let spelling get in the way of the communication. I used to have an anecdotal story about bad spelling where a new sales guy was cleaning up in a territory that had been thought to be dead. His writing was atrocious and many people in the company wanted him let go because he made their company look stupid while failing to realize that he was the most profitable sales guy in the company's history. The president of the company wrote a memo, purposely using bad grammar and spelling to make his point....that 'Sales' was the salesman top priority, not spelling. Some of the loudest condemners of the spelling happen to be some of the worst sales guys and that they were the one's that had something to learn. They could hire this guy an assistant to clean up "written" communication because he was so good at what he did.
    The point of the story is that people who focus on spelling are usually missing the bigger picture.
    It reminds me of another story about Henry Ford suing the Boston Tribune (or possibly the Globe) because they called him stupid. In court, the lawyers for the Tribune asked a bunch of questions about history that Ford didn't know. Ford made the point that no one knew his business better than him, and he had a row of buttons that he could press to summon someone that would know the answer to what ever he needed. Why should he cloud is mind and time with memorizing stuff that has no bearing on his day to day activities of running the most successful auto manufacturing company in the world (at the time). Again, the point is the bigger picture.
    I agree that we have way too many illiterates today being graduated from our school system. But berating people on a forum for spelling is quite silly. I make lots of mistakes because I type fast, and usually thinking of the next sentence or even next paragraph, and don't proofread a whole lot because this is an internet boating forum owned by Larry Flint...not the MENSA forum.
    Amen to Holy

How about this email that I got from a fellow manager at another office:
    "First the all I want to thank you for helping us on this project I really appreciate.
    Also I want to let you know that the person that was going to sent you to the labeling on this project he called me and told me that he not goinng to be able to. Go to your office because gua mom car broke down so, he's mom is going to use his car. Sorry"

Biglue
    How about this email that I got from a fellow manager at another office:
    "First the all I want to thank you for helping us on this project I really appreciate.
    Also I want to let you know that the person that was going to sent you to the labeling on this project he called me and told me that he not goinng to be able to. Go to your office because gua mom car broke down so, he's mom is going to use his car. Sorry"
    YOu work at Wendy's or something?

meaniam
    Yeah, I've spent entirely too much time proofreading my posts.
    There is one poster whom I will not name drop on but man his posting is right down mean. I am constantly having a hard time trying to decipher through his rambling. There's no clear start or endings to his sentences. Good god does he come off like a total putz.
    biglue is speaking of me. he thinks it is funny.
    i have been know to ramble. i tend to think quicker then i type. don't use caps. and i don't proofread. and for some reason it gets him hot and the KY JELLY turn to melted butter, and runs right out his ass. many people have told me not to sweat lue. as he is just clowning around. but he has targeted me. and wont let it go. he seems to think he is beyond making errors. but if you read his post you can find he to makes mistakes in almost every post.
    i am aware on forums i am difficult to follow sometimes. but to pick at the one thing someone does wrong. every chance he gets is just childish. goes to prove what a worthless piece of shit you are.
    by quoting you it becomes clear what your attentions were 100%. i just fixed it for you buddy. along with all your typing errors. i know english probably wasn't your first language. i wont hide this behind any smiley faces. what a piece of shit!

Devilman
    Excessive use of quotation marks, that's a definitive characteristic of Marty Gras's posts, LOL.

Biglue
    biglue is speaking of me. he thinks it is funny.
    i have been know to ramble. i tend to think quicker then i type. don't use caps. and i don't proofread. and for some reason it gets him hot and the KY JELLY turn to melted butter, and runs right out his ass. many people have told me not to sweat lue. as he is just clowning around. but he has targeted me. and wont let it go. he seems to think he is beyond making errors. but if you read his post you can find he to makes mistakes in almost every post.
    i am aware on forums i am difficult to follow sometimes. but to pick at the one thing someone does wrong. every chance he gets is just childish. goes to prove what a worthless piece of shit you are.
    by quoting you it becomes clear what your attentions were 100%. i just fixed it for you buddy. along with all your typing errors. i know english probably wasn't your first language. i wont hide this behind any smiley faces. what a piece of shit!
    Well hello there Mikey. Now why would you go an hurt my feelings like that? What have I ever done to you besides point out the very obvious that you're a simple minded (didn't want to call you an idiot) (btw, no smilies there either) goof ball who's too easy to pick on yet extremely fun. Funny you use the likelyhood of English being a second language to me to try an draw attention away from your horrible spelling and grammar. Glad you found my two spelling errors, now explain to us what's your excuse dumbass? Kind of fits your description I made up above huh? BTW instead of running a spell check on posts you quote, give your posts a a scan while you're at it. Just some free advice, take it or just keep picking your nose for some lunch Einstein.
    Feel free to pick that one apart if you wish, I didn't run a spell check just to give you a sporting chance.
    Sincerely,
    The smarter POS.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast