Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Anybody here work for Rancho PD?

WishIknew
    909 AND PROUD!!!!!!!:sqeyes: :sqeyes:

ShanaBubble
    ChumpChange,
    Your brother can go to the Rancho Courts and ask for a Civil Harrassment Order, much like a TRO, but its civil. See if your brother can obtain a fee waiver from the courts and if so he can have the Sheriff's Court Services serve the neighbor. If, he cant qualify for a waiver than anyone not a part of the action over the age of 18 can serve him. Make sure your brother gets the Proof of Service form from the courts so if a 3rd party person serves him that has to be filed with the courts 5 days before the hearing date. If you have any more questions just send me a PM. Hope it helps.
    Shannon

fuzz
    Rancho Cucamonga has its own P.D, because it is an incorporated city, It contracts with the Sheriff to staff it. The chief of police is actually a Sheriff's captain. All the members of the P.D. are San Bernardino County Employees, the sworn guys, the guys with the badges and stuff are deputy sheriffs. There are alot of other contract city p.d.'s in the county, Hesperia, Apple Valley, Victorville, Adelanto, Needles, Yucaipa, Highland, Grand Terrace and Loma Linda are all contract with the county sheriff. The Cities like to have their own police cars, but the guys who drive them all have the same patches and badges, San Bernardino County Sheriff. Normally the sheriff is in charge of unincorporated county area and the jails. And in most counties the coroner is under that umbrella too. Police Departments have jurisdiction within City Limits, then you have state cops like the chippies.
    Clear as mud?

fuzz
    hey whats the problem with the neighbors anyways? I could probably tell you what you could expect from the Police

Wizard29
    When I was working patrol for a Sheriff's Department, I worked at a station that served both unincorporated county area as well as a city. This particular city wanted their own police cars and even wanted deputies with different patches on their uniforms to indicate a city PD. The cars were painted entirely different.
    On any given day, you could be assigned to work the city or the county. That meant you had to check out a city car and make sure you had the right shirt on with the right patches. Complete pain in the ass. If you requested backup at a call or just had a partner stop by to help you out, he/she was often in a car different than yours was and wearing patches different than yours were. Used to confuse the hell out of people and I don't know how many times I had to answer the question, "Hey, why is there a Sheriff's Deputy here when this is city area?"
    So anyway, Rancho Cucamonga is the same situation. The county provides law enforcement services to the city under a contract. Under that contract, the city has apparently said they want cars specific to their city. I don't think Rancho Cucamonga went so far as to require different uniform patches though. If you look closely enough, all cars still say "San Bernardino County Sheriff" on them somewhere.
    To answer the original question, you might try calling the Rancho Cucamonga station and see what advice they can give you on dealing with your neighbor problem. Unless it is an issue of urgency, don't call dispatch and have a unit come out. I used to hate that. The cop who responds probably won't be able to instantly un-f*ck what took weeks, months, or even years to f*ck up in the first place...

OGShocker
    Rancho contracts to the SB Sheriffs, nice back seats .
    LMAO!!!!

boats&bars
    Uh yea, not many people out here in the ghetto read well.
    Ask Mrs BordsMJ how well I spell.
    Brian
    hey dude I read just fine.

ChumpChange
    My brother just bought a new home in a new development. The neighbor is an old man who has nothing better to do than stare out his windows and watch neighbors.
    The guy created a small "dog run" on his front lawn and gave the dog access by cutting a hole in his block wall for the dog to get through. The dog now just sits there and barks at people for doing nothing.
    So on Sunday, my brother is out washing his car and the dog just keeps on barking. My brother decides to go and introduce himself to the neighbor as well as the dog. As he is walking over to his neighbors house, he hears the guy yelling "Get the F off my lawn, stop harassing my dog" and other various profanities.
    So yesterday my brother is chilling at home and suddenly Rancho PD / SBSO (however that argument on here has been resolved) shows up at his house as the neighbor called the cops on him. Basically the neighbor stated that my brother turn on his sprinklers whenever the neighbor parks his car in front of my brothers house. Well, my brother told the cop that he has never even seen the guys car in front of his house and even if it was, their on a timer. The neighbor stated my brother harasses his dog, plays the radio loud in his car while washing it(the radio only gets AM and the CD player is broken) and plenty other blatant lies.
    Unfortunately, the officer(or deputy ) then tells my brother that if there is any confrontation, he is going to go to jail since my brother is basically a weight lifting monster and the neighbor is a 60yr old gimp(literally). I'm not sure if he paid attention to the situation and saw all the lies.
    So if this neighbor keeps making up lies and making false reports to the police, my brother, one of the nicest guys around(unlike me) can end up in jail. It's pretty much a messed up situation.
    ShanaBubble, would this fit that harassment situation?

ChumpChange
    Uh, your brother could avoid prison time by not getting into a physical confrontation with the neighbor. I know that pretty much goes without saying, but nobody is going to jail for using their sprinklers or yelling at a dog. Hell, if that cop would have shown up in my yard with that BS, I would have gone over and turned my sprinklers on.
    That is true and my brother wouldn't swing at the guy. But if the guys says he did.....which I think might happen....well there you go.

Wizard29
    If the dog keeps barking, have him call animal control. First the old codger will get a warning, then a couple of fines, then doggie goes to a new "home."
    Have your brother stay well away from the old guy's property - no need to add fuel to the fire. Even if the old guy lies, your brother cannot go to jail simply because there was a "confrontation." He can turn on his sprinklers whenever he wants. If whenever he wants happens to be when the old guy's car is out front, then so be it.
    I think if the big issue here is the dog barking, then animal control is the solution...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast