Thread: Looking for a 1971 Sanger with CF 1091EV #'s

Flat Happy
    Thought I'd take a stab and see if anyone on here might have my uncle's old 1971 Sanger v-drive 17' 10" standard deck flatbottom. Vessel # CF 1091EV. Hull # 26169. It was White with Blue trim. I have no picture of the boat. I think he sold it in the late 1980s.
    He bought it new in 1971 from TBI Marine in Glendale, CA. I have all the original paperwork. It's a trip. Hull price - $1400, A&M Trailer - $600. Total for a turn-key boat (uncle supplied the engine), including installation of all parts, was $3,741.15 with tax. Unreal.
    I guess I should get my brother's friend who is a CHP officer to look in their system for it (if they can even search for boat regs.).
    If anyone has a lead, let me know!
    Thanks, Alan

beernut
    that would be a great find, try: www.dmv.ca.gov ,there are a few ways to get info from that site, good luck:idea:

Flat Happy
    I was going to submit for information from DMV, but the information I'm looking for (vessel ownership history) can only be submitted by the current owner or a business with a legitimate reason for the information (i.e. boat/car dealer).
    If I knew someone who worked at the DMV, I'd probably be golden. But I don't know anyone.
    Some more info: Uncle sold it to my cousin. Cousin blew the motor that he put in it, and cousin sold the boat in about 1987 in Apple Valley, CA. The Casale v-drive had 6% or 8% over gears (that's no typo).
    I'd really like to know what happened to the boat. Lots of views on the thread, can you guys who know people who own a '71 Sanger ask them if their CF #'s match those I posted? If the boat ended up in another state, I guess it'd be tougher to find unless documents pretaining to it's past registration in CA were passed on to subsequent owners.
    Thanks in advance to anyone that sniffs around Sanger flatbottoms looking for these CF #s

colechillin
    Got a friend that works at the DMV. He might be able to help you out. PM me the info and I'll see if he can help out.....

colechillin
    Just spoke with my buddy at the DMV. I gave him your info and told me that he will see what he can do. I'll let you know as soon as I hear something.

Flat Happy
    Just spoke with my buddy at the DMV. I gave him your info and told me that he will see what he can do. I'll let you know as soon as I hear something.
    Awesome! Thanks to you and your buddy. I'll owe you a beer or several.

colechillin
    FH. Buddy called me, told me he ran your info with no luck. He told me that he has a few more "tricks" he can try to help you out. As soon as I hear something I'll let you know. I'm really trying to get some info for you man. Sorry....

Flat Happy
    Thanks for you and your buddy's efforts! It's appreciated. Boat may have left the state and have been purged from the DMV system.
    This might not help, but the trailer license plate # was JU5387 (trailer VIN # was AM3400).
    Thanks again!