Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: What Gear?

sangervdrive
    Hey, my father and I were wondering what gear we should put in our boat as a starting point. The boat is a Sanger 5/8 runner bottom and it has a 496 BBC that made 630 horse and 592 ft lbs of torque. The boat is primarily a river rat with a little drag racing on the side.
    Thanks a lot, Kevin

QuickJet
    Hey, my father and I were wondering what gear we should put in our boat as a starting point. The boat is a Sanger 5/8 runner bottom and it has a 496 BBC that made 630 horse and 592 ft lbs of torque. The boat is primarily a river rat with a little drag racing on the side.
    Thanks a lot, Kevin
    18's

FLYTE RISK
    18's
    Sorry,QJ 12s or 15s

QuickJet
    Sorry,QJ 12s or 15s
    That thing will hop all over the place out of the hole with 15's (just like it did in my Sanger runner bottom with a similar combo) 18's will allow it to set better. Been there done that.

colechillin
    The only reason that thing hopped out of the hole cause you can't drive.... !15's.........................

FLYTE RISK
    That thing will hop all over the place out of the hole with 15's (just like it did in my Sanger runner bottom with a similar combo) 18's will allow it to set better. Been there done that.
    The only thing you needed to hop up was your motor , it must not have made enough H.P to burn the prop. I ran 15s in my hondo and it probably would have e.t better with 12s and it was HEAVY! The boat you have now hops all over the place I sense a common denominator.

The only thing you needed to hop up was your motor , it must not have made enough H.P to burn the prop. I ran 15s in my hondo and it probably would have e.t better with 12s and it was HEAVY! The boat you have now hops all over the place I sense a common denominator.
    Maybe YOUR engine didnt have enough horsepower? Maybe you should have let Jimi Hendrix drive it for you?

HIRED GUN
    i have the least hp out of everyone on this board and its around 600......run the 12's......whoever said 18's???????? ...quikjet was that you?...comeon man...get with your santa clara friends and make at least 500 h.p...

"The Bandit"
    i'v had good luck with an 11 1/2 - 15 & 18teen gears for starters. have 1 inch props you can try if you want to. my flat liked 22s but each boat is difernt. THUST TONY! i live close to CFW & if i can help let me know. ANDY

HIRED GUN
    i'v had good luck with an 11 1/2 - 15 & 18teen gears for starters. have 1 inch props you can try if you want to. my flat liked 22s but each boat is difernt. THUST TONY! i live close to CFW & if i can help let me know. ANDY
    woo hoo 22's!...wanna race?!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast