Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Need some help Guys

OverKill
    What about a old ST control in a ply wood box thats skrewed down with al angle?
    That crossed my mind. I just dont know the right size for the build.

YeLLowBoaT
    Give me some numbers on the daimentions there and I'll gladly build you one and even glass it so it won't rot. Hel it will get some of that scrap 1/4 ply out of my garage.

Nucking futs
    James, get ahold of victorfb on the boards. He made a bitchen push throttle for his rogers. He is paralized in both legs with minimal movement.He has his dialed.I think it uses the standard pedal but is on a slide versus a pivot. He can exsplain it better.

OverKill
    James, get ahold of victorfb on the boards. He made a bitchen push throttle for his rogers. He is paralized in both legs with minimal movement.He has his dialed.I think it uses the standard pedal but is on a slide versus a pivot. He can exsplain it better.
    FUTS that's the idea that would work best. I will send him a PM and see what I come up with. In reality my feet are paralized to a degree, no feeling in the right foot.
    OverKill

I just today noticed at my neighbors shop (Concept marine) he had designed a nice deal that seems like you want on an older cruiser, you might wanna give John Cogan a call and see what he can do for you!...hell, he helped me with my fwd/rev left pedal deallie, and he's pretty reasonably priced on his fab work. 909-447-4455
    Todd

speedymopars
    If you can't push your foot all the way down, there is another solution that hasn't been mentioned. Move the throttle cable from the top of the holley mount to the mount just above the throttle plate. It will speed the ratio up and decrease travel.
    On the foot pedal there may also be an adjustment for speeding the ratio / decreasing the travel required.
    As an example, the throttle on my RV has maybe 9/16 of an inch of travel from idle to full throttle, while the same carb on my van has 3+ inches.
    The slider idea is an interesting one, as long as there was a return spring, I don't know why that wouldn't work.
    Maybe you could take as much travel as you can out of the pedal / carb, make the pedal lay down so to speak (more horizontal than vertical), and flip it 180 so your heal pushes down to make it go.

VAMI
    Would the double pedal work, two feet pushing?Or is it the bending of your ankles?

Some Kind Of Monster
    The place diverter idea would work great. You guys are missing the fact that we could spring load it so it returns to idle if the driver lets go.
    Another idea (I was serious James) is a thumb throttle on the wheel like on a quad.

Danhercules
    If I remeber right, he made his piviot from the top. Victor can push with this heels, not his toes. That is why he made the top mount.
    I might be thinking of his buggy though. Yea, his buggy, he drives a Sandrail with a cluch. That guy is amazing!

victorfb
    hey James, just sent you a PM before reading this thread. what i have done for both my boats is make a throttle syatem that pivots from the very bottom of the pedal. i place the foot on the pedal and push with my leg. the heel stays secure to give better control throughout the rpm range, especially in rougher waters. the slide system didnt work very well and was very dificult to fabricate to make it move smooth and easy. having it stick was my main concern and having a slide syatem was alot of weight to have to spring back. now that i see from the pics of what your application is, im sure we can fabricate a good system that is safe and easy to use. and also small enough to not be so combersom. our boats have limited space. as long as you think a bottom pivot will work this should be very easy. by keeping your heel secure, pushing with the leg against a spring loaded pedal should be pretty controlable as it is for me.
    dan, you are correct, i did make the brake and clutch pedal on the buggy to pivot from the top with a large pedal on each to help control. the throttle however is still mounted on the floor and pivots from the bottom.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast