Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Wasn't Meant to Be

BILLET
    Well I finaly had a chace to take my family out for a ride in our 16" Challenger,
    needless to say it did not go well. Right from the get go as soon as we got out side the 5 mph markers my wife and oldest son started freaking out, dont go so fast, dont make the boat bounce, dont let the front end go up so high. I dont think I went over 25 mph the whole time on the lake. Oh well it was fun while it lasted, as result I will be selling my boat and looking for something a little larger and unfortunatly a lot slower

pw_Tony
    Don't give up so soon! They will Have to get used to it:devil:

squirt'nmyload
    they can be trained

GAWnCA
    Well I finaly had a chace to take my family out for a ride in our 16" Challenger,
    needless to say it did not go well. Right from the get go as soon as we got out side the 5 mph markers my wife and oldest son started freaking out, dont go so fast, dont make the boat bounce, dont let the front end go up so high. I dont think I went over 25 mph the whole time on the lake. Oh well it was fun while it lasted, as result I will be selling my boat and looking for something a little larger and unfortunatly a lot slower
    You aren't alone. I've met several guys selling their hot rods because the wife and kids hated the noise or the speed or the ride or something. Just get another boat for when they go and go out and play with your hot rode while they are sleeping in.

Sleeper CP
    they can be trained
    Or replaced, or left on shore.:idea:
    Sleeper CP
    565" Ford Lover

Crossbow_CA
    Do you have a place diverter? If not this might very well solve most of your problems. Just set it all the way down when they are in the boat it will keep the nose down and cut way down on the 'bounce'. Then you can 'trim' it back up to your tastes and speed preferences when they aren't riding.

BILLET
    Yea I have a diverter but they havent been around boats as long as I have and its all a new sensation to them. I grew up in hydros and runabouts and was going well over 60 mph before I was 10 years old, so what seems minor to me is completely outragous to them.
    I'm not giving up i'm just going to have to compromise a little, I think if I get a bigger boat with a bit more room, and maybe somthing that sits a little higher it will solve alot of the issues. I have to admit it was a little funny having to look up to talk to someone on a jetski when they were next to me, and I think that was part of the problem too they just felt exposed.
    So anyone want to buy a boat?

BILLET
    Or replaced, or left on shore.:idea:
    Hahahahaha, yea you got a couch I can sleep on

pw_Tony
    Have they ever been around any form of speed? Like muscle cars, dirt bikes, or anything?

BILLET
    Yep, both of my boys ride as do I, and I've owned several cars that ran in the 10s in the 1/4 that were street legal, but going 30 on the water seems like 60 in a car, and on the bikes they are in control, so they have a sense of security knowing they can stop when they want to, again I grew up on the water, the Niagra river was in my back yard, boats to me were more common then cars, hear in California its the oposite for them, they cant just walk out to the boat hop in and go for a ride like I did when I was a kid.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast