Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Wasn't Meant to Be

Devilman
    nope, only time she gets on the comp. is to ordered sumthing
    Ok, I was thinking you may be changing your user name from IMPATIENT1 to SHNOOKUMSCUDDLEBUG1 or something, lol.....

Sorry, but I have to comment. If the wife is controlling to the point of making you sell a toy, there's a red flag. The fact that your SON is "speed sensitive" (like your wife) suggests you may need to spend more one-on-one time with him and share a little testosterone. If you're afraid of her making you sleep on the couch, you may not have much to share. There's a lot of red flags in your post... reach down, see if you still have them, and if so, USE THEM!

IMPATIENT 1
    Ok, I was thinking you may be changing your user name from IMPATIENT1 to SHNOOKUMSCUDDLEBUG1 or something, lol.....
    lmao not yet kenny

hotbo
    i was just kidding around with the guy travis i totally understand keeping the little lady happy, i've been married fo 11yrs i'd like to have a pontoon myself. i've seen some boating mags with pontoon strapping on 2 300 mercs and runnin 80+ on the lake:devil: wouldn't it sux to get passed by a pontoon my ego would be crushedddd
    i know you were kidding you idiot yes if they ran 80 i would lose well first off a 16 foot baot is not gonna ride worth a shit anyway.i have a 18ft and it will beat the shit outta me i rough water:devil: so i can understand them not being happy there is alot of guys who talk big but your the one married to your wife and family not them:idea: the 1 on 1 deal is good advice i have been trying to do this with my son.the problem was last winter i was trying to fire my boat nad my son and wife were right behind it when it fired wot wow it took him out

BrendellaJet
    I've been in your shoes. Do what I did- it works. You have to prep them for the take off. Kinda like a roller coaster. Hopefully your pump is tight so you can make it quick. I got the wife all schooled on it and told her what to expect. You should be able to keep bow rise to a minimum on a boat that small. If not, you need to use your right foot more.
    Second, thats a small boat, freeboard challenged boats dont like chop unless you are moving good, even then the ride is a bit rough and its easy to understand how a newbie wouldn't enjoy it. take her out early when the water is glassy so she can get used to the feeling and how the boat moves.
    Noise- Reason with her. Its got a freakin V8 3 feet behind you, its gonna make a little noise.
    Now for what I did- I took the wife and baby out on the boat after a full resto, complete with 800 hp and open headers. Bad idea. Baby did not like it much. Wife was fine with it because she knew how much time & money I had invested. Brought the baby back to shore. Took the wife out, had a blast but made some startling realizations:
    With all the wakeboard & offshore boats tearing up our lakes these days, little boats become less useful unless you know how to drive them good in the rough. That will be hard to do with the wife and little one on baord. Get a bigger boat. I bought a 21 cruiser and the wife loves it, handles the chop a lot better and the little guy falls a sleep as soon as we are on plane, guaranteed.

Devilman
    lmao not yet kenny
    LMAO, I hear ya. My older daughter is the same way. She hated my boat, wouldn't ride in it for anything. Why, I don't know. I just figured cause it was noisy, cause it sure as shit wasn't a speed issue, lol, & it wasn't cause it was low in the water either, as her husbands fishing boat ain't no higher than mine. I even offered to let her drive it a little, with me there with her in a back cove or something. Thought maybe if she did that, she would fell better about it. Nope. Her 2 yr old daughter though, loves the boat. The noise don't bother her either, hell, when the grandbaby hears a loud truck go by she starts looking around saying "boat, boat?" LMAO Daughter finally did take a ride. She said it wasn't too bad, I still never really knew what her problem was....

ck7684
    I'd be interested if it was closer...I'd say get a larger boat though. There is a huge difference between my 16ft Cobrajet and my buddy's 18ft Carlson. I dont drive mine on chop at all and his feels much safer all around. Just dont give up the boating altogether!!

Cas
    just cuz it's a bigger boat doesn't mean it's going to have a better ride, been there done that. I went through a couple of boats looking for the happy medium where I was happy and so was the family. I ended up with an 84 18' Bahner Open Bow, same boat as roostwear's, just a different name on it.
    When we were looking around, I would ask my wife which one she liked so she was apart of the decision. When we drove to SoCal for Thanks giving a few years ago, we stopped to look at the Bahner. She said "Ohhh, that's cute" and I knew it was the boat for us.
    As it turned out, it's a great riding boat, doesn't pound too bad at all....nothing like the 21' that beat her to death.
    Make her a part of the decision but only show her boats that you're interested in. Worked for me.

ck7684
    After reading the original post again, I would say that it sounds like they just need to get used to the whole boating thing. Take it easy on them for awhile...

MudPumper
    Sorry, but I have to comment. If the wife is controlling to the point of making you sell a toy, there's a red flag. The fact that your SON is "speed sensitive" (like your wife) suggests you may need to spend more one-on-one time with him and share a little testosterone. If you're afraid of her making you sleep on the couch, you may not have much to share. There's a lot of red flags in your post... reach down, see if you still have them, and if so, USE THEM!
    LMFAO......and while you're at it, make your boys do some push ups.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast