Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Where is the stand-up Jetski that was hit?

ratso
    Anybody heartless enough to run most likely is too greedy to destroy the boat unless it is some one else's property. It's either hidden purposely or somewhere out of sight from plain view like private storage.
    Even if you cut it up that's a lot of pieces to get rid of....
    The more publicity the more "eyes" to find the boat. The odds are against this jerk.
    Someone will drop a dime on this rat.
    Was it ever said if the person was alone on the Fountain, or if there were any passengers? If he was alone, chances might be a little slim.

RiverDave
    I would just like to mention, especially being in the boat business my entire life and also the fiberglass repair and gelcoat repair industry... it is highly possible this boat received very little if any damage. I see this stuff all the time. Impacts directly to the side of a boat from a jet ski will generally screw up the jet ski AND the boat... yet in so many instances where a boat runs over a jet ski or even another boat, I see the jet ski or boat that is run over getting the brunt of the damage, and the boat doing the running over getting minor damage in comparison. I'm not saying this is ALWAYS the case, but just as likely as not, the Fountain might have already been polished up with some light sanding and buffing...
    I agree Ratso, I would think with just the basic cleaning supplies most carry in their boats, you could take care of 99% of the damage from running over a Stand up without even pulling the boat out of the water? It wouldn't surprise me at all, if the guy just cleaned it, real well, and took the boat home. With minimal skills he could make it look like it never happened.. Hell for 35 bucks West Marine sells a gelcoat repair kit, that he could match the white on the bottom with pretty well, if a scratch actually went through the gell (which I don't think it would to begin with).
    RD

DUNDUN
    I was on a trip where a Sea Do ran over an older yamaha wave runner. The wave runner sunk and there was barely a scratch on the Sea Do.
    Also....and excuse me for using logic and reasoning hear...but everyone is assuming this is a felony hit and run deal. Would it be possible that the driver of the Scarab Fountain was distracted by an orphaned 9 year old whose mother picked him up prior to spending the night at CPS riding a jet ski while being a passenger on a Sea Do (you have to admit...that is distracting) and the other "jet ski" came out of a cove without looking or pulled an eradic unpredictable maneuver while the driver was distracted and put himself in the path of the Fountain Scarab? And, would it be possible that running over a "jet ski" in a large offshore boat might sound like just another wake, especially if the boat had a gagillion watt stereo system hitting hard on the subs? And ultimately...the driver may have never even known he hit anything? And then just drove around like normal not bringing any attention to himself? And like others have said....actually sustain little to no damage? Nah....that could NEVER EVER happen.
    I know...why don't we have a few spelling nazi's come in here and explain to us how the true evil in this whole thing is spelling and grammar?
    if that was the case, any of those, the jackass still shouldve stopped. and he knew, the witness said "he throttled down, turned back, jabbed the throttle, and he was gone"
    the guy is still screwed, even if he didnt flat out run the guy over(which is also what the witness said)

DUNDUN
    This has become insane!
    Who ever said they where on one Sea Doo. I saw with my own two eyes them riding two seperate older style stand up (no seat) jet skies think of the 80s. I also lifted the two seperate jet skies off of the pontoon boats onto the concrete at the marina. P.D. braught a utility truck to the marina and unhooked the trailer from Barrys truck and connected it to there truck and took the jet skies away, to where I don't know. The jet ski that Barry was riding had alot off damage to it and the front end was under water when we pulled up.
    Unless some one had a scarab boat with one foot large letters that said FOUNTAIN on it, it was a FOUNTAIN. The boat also had the typical fountain front on it.
    I hope this helps
    Jeff
    typical fountain front.. this is one thing that has been overlooked. this guy says its a fountain from the name on the side to the bow... i dont know about you buy im pretty much completely convinced this boat is a 30' fountain.

DUNDUN
    This has become insane!
    Who ever said they where on one Sea Doo. I saw with my own two eyes them riding two seperate older style stand up (no seat) jet skies think of the 80s. I also lifted the two seperate jet skies off of the pontoon boats onto the concrete at the marina. P.D. braught a utility truck to the marina and unhooked the trailer from Barrys truck and connected it to there truck and took the jet skies away, to where I don't know. The jet ski that Barry was riding had alot off damage to it and the front end was under water when we pulled up.
    Unless some one had a scarab boat with one foot large letters that said FOUNTAIN on it, it was a FOUNTAIN. The boat also had the typical fountain front on it.
    I hope this helps
    Jeff
    typical fountain front.. this is one thing that has been overlooked. this guy says its a fountain from the name on the side to the bow... i dont know about you buy im pretty much completely convinced this boat is a fountain.

Classic Daycruiser
    I bet LE is pretty close to an arrest.
    This was a fataility, so the case will get extra attention....you can bet on that. You can bet it will haunt the driver and owner of the involved boat until the case is solved....

Racey
    Why not just ban Fountains, Halletts, pontoon boats, and jet skis??? They seem to be the source of these problems. :notam:
    If you got rid of the jet skis it'd be a major start to increasing saftey on the lake/river, no one can dispute that fact.

Big Warlock
    This has become insane!
    I hope this helps
    Jeff
    From another thread:
    shrek New Cult Member
    San DimasPosts: 135
    Quote:Originally Posted by Magic34 Can you get a name??? At least the father's name?
    Here is a post from another thread, that has the victims name:
    Oak Hills man killed in hit-and-run boat crash TOPOCK MARINA — Barry Lamar Pendley, 47, of Oak Hills was killed Thursday when his small personal watercraft collided with a 25- to 30-foot boat on the Colorado River, coroner’s officials reported Friday. After the collision, the boat fled the scene. His 9-year-old son, who was a passenger, was rescued uninjured. Pendley had been thrown into the water and was found 30 minutes later in the river. He was pronounced dead at the scene. The San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Department is investigating.

ratso
    If you got rid of the jet skis it'd be a major start to increasing saftey on the lake/river, no one can dispute that fact.
    ... but it seems that will never happen.
    I do think there should be designated areas for them, or at least areas they are banned from being in.

Old Texan
    ... but it seems that will never happen.
    I do think there should be designated areas for them, or at least areas they are banned from being in.
    Lake Austin doesn't allow any PWC's on holiday weekends, at least they didn't July 4, 2006. It's due to boat traffic and a good idea.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast