Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Installing 454 in jetboat, need parts

victorfb
    i have a polished edelbrock performer intake for an oval port BBC in the spam section. $100

Boostedballs
    i have a polished edelbrock performer intake for an oval port BBC in the spam section. $100
    Right on, I have an edelbrock single plane Tarantula for rectangle port I would trade if interested. I am planning on sending a bunch of parts to get silver powdercoating. I can throw this in there too. right now it's like a faded pink. I'm not a big fan of faded pink.
    If you don't want the trade, I'm still interested. Give me a few days to shop around and see that combo I'm going with.

MWJSOne
    No, I wouldn't use that bellhousing in a jet boat. A pair of logs and snails just like mine ended today at $365.00. I'll reply to this post when my parts go on eBay, or make me an offer...
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...147679856&rd=1
    Thats a Kodiak Marine Bell housing nice set up 6 bolt pattern (Borg Warner Velvet drive) with Jet hook up flange 3 point
    I run a Merc top mount type starter bell housing with a mid plate and a 1/4
    of a inch removed off the face where the starter sits on to make up for the loss of the mid plate.
    I also have a Merc fly wheel this has a set back for the ring gear when running a top mout starter the ring gear is moved back to make up for the starter.
    The nice thing about a top mount starter is if you ever swamp it there are less chance of getting the starter wet.

ck7684
    Yea, it's from a '79...I will look into it (shipping). How soon do you need it?

Mr. Crusader 83
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BBC-4...QcategoryZ2645 5QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BBC-S...QcategoryZ2645 5QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BBC-4...QcategoryZ2645 5QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BBC-S...QcategoryZ2645 5QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
    Those are mine, hotrod56cars , I've got quite a bit more on the way when I can find the time... priorities come into play too since I'll probably get my boat's engine from the shop tonight... nice BBC logs and snails, Place Diverter, Berkeley 12JC pump, uhmmm... chrome oil cooler, stanless braided lines, remote oil filter parts... ... ...

victorfb
    Those are mine, hotrod56cars , I've got quite a bit more on the way when I can find the time... priorities come into play too since I'll probably get my boat's engine from the shop tonight... nice BBC logs and snails, Place Diverter, Berkeley 12JC pump, uhmmm... chrome oil cooler, stanless braided lines, remote oil filter parts... ... ...
    is there a buy it now price for your mounts?
    oops, sorry for the highjack.

is there a buy it now price for your mounts?
    oops, sorry for the highjack.
    That's a popular question, no there is not a Buy It Now on them. There's a lot of interest in them and I don't want to cut myself short. Lot's more to come but no more BBC mounts. Thanks, Rod.

Boostedballs
    That bellhousing doesn't look like it has a starter flange. I need the starter to mount to the bellhousing because the starter boss has been busted off of my block. Hey, I got it cheap!

That bellhousing doesn't look like it has a starter flange. I need the starter to mount to the bellhousing because the starter boss has been busted off of my block. Hey, I got it cheap!
    Correct, it does not have a flange for a starter.
    I have no idea what I'm talking about... but someone once told me that the rear engine mounts that do have a starter flange are for reverse rotation engines. Is that correct? Anyone?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast