Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Installing 454 in jetboat, need parts

Mr. Crusader 83
    Those are mine, hotrod56cars , I've got quite a bit more on the way when I can find the time... priorities come into play too since I'll probably get my boat's engine from the shop tonight... nice BBC logs and snails, Place Diverter, Berkeley 12JC pump, uhmmm... chrome oil cooler, stanless braided lines, remote oil filter parts... ... ...
    How much do you want for the diverter?

Boostedballs
    I believe that the bellhousings that have the starter flange require a special starter that spins in reverse because it is located on the other side of the starter gear.

I expect to get about $330 for it after I re-paint it, put new bushings in it, and sell it on eBay. If you want to save me some time you're more than welcome to make me an offer.
    thanx@cox.net 619-787-7987 Rod

Paint? Do you mean Krylon??
    Sorry,...could'nt resist!

Paint? Do you mean Krylon??
    Sorry,...could'nt resist!
    No, 99 cent stores sell a pure white that when it's mixed with water you can't even see the brush strokes. J/K

LMAO,...nice comeback!

Boostedballs
    I believe that the bellhousings that have the starter flange require a special starter that spins in reverse because it is located on the other side of the starter gear.
    Can anyone verify this? I don't want to end up building a boat that will do 75mph in reverse. But seriously- why would you need a counter-rotating engine in a jet? Isn't that just a prop engine thing to control torque steer in a twin engine setup? I think a jet wouldn't care so much.

victorfb
    top mount starters need a reverse rotation starter because they are installed pointing the other direction. i think that is what was meant.

That diverter goes on eBay today, around noon I think. It's reserve is $200. I like selling on eBay, it stops me from cutting myself short and lets buyers determine what it's worth. You're definately going to want to see the pictures of this one before making an offer on it anyway.

victorfb
    That diverter goes on eBay today, around noon I think. It's reserve is $200. I like selling on eBay, it stops me from cutting myself short and lets buyers determine what it's worth. You're definately going to want to see the pictures of this one before making an offer on it anyway.
    anyone can basically go on ebay and buy stuff. most of the folks on the hot boat boards give other members a first hand deal at a discounted price. if your reserve is $200 on ebay why not just allow a hot boat member to buy it before it goes on ebay for the $200? that way there are no fee,s to pay.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast