Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: outboard school

snappertapper
    i heard something about an outboard school in sanford florida. anyone ever heard of it? also are there any otehr schools or colleges that focus on outboards? thanks for the info

Phat_Kat
    my dad went to one of those and the first thing they said was
    "first rule about outboards, never own an outboard"

gigamurph
    Phat_Kat:
    "first rule about outboards, never own an outboard" Sound advice Phat_Kat; for an O/B in the hands of an amateur (ie: ex-jetboater, ex-outdrive pilot, ex-v-driver) can be a dangerous formula! Like takin' a 5 year olds slingshot away from him and givin' him an UZI or Ak47, pattin' him on the butt, and sendin' him out to play with the other children! Ease up guys! I'm J/K! If that was true; why do I have an O/B? Oh, I don't! It's only a 90 HPer! Seriously, snappertapper. I believe all of the O/B manufacturers offer some sort of school, I could be wrong. I know for a fact that Merc does and I have read of the school you speak of. The manufacturer sponsored schools can be a b**ch to get into though! I tried and was essentially told that it was for those already employed in the industry or via referral. Or maybe that was a polite way of tellin' me I sounded like a dumba**! Check out the various websites of the O/B manufacturers and good luck!

snappertapper
    yes i am in the process of going to merc school through the marina i work at but i heard something abut a college that focuses on outboards of all types, just intersted thats all

Boatmaster
    NEVER OWN AN OUTBOARD! Sounds like someone alittle afraid of speed on the water. My rule #1 all jet boats SUCK.

Phat_Kat
    gigamurph:
    Phat_Kat:
    "first rule about outboards, never own an outboard" Sound advice Phat_Kat; for an O/B in the hands of an amateur (ie: ex-jetboater, ex-outdrive pilot, ex-v-driver) can be a dangerous formula! Like takin' a 5 year olds slingshot away from him and givin' him an UZI or Ak47, pattin' him on the butt, and sendin' him out to play with the other children! Ease up guys! I'm J/K! If that was true; why do I have an O/B? Oh, I don't! It's only a 90 HPer! Seriously, snappertapper. I believe all of the O/B manufacturers offer some sort of school, I could be wrong. I know for a fact that Merc does and I have read of the school you speak of. The manufacturer sponsored schools can be a b**ch to get into though! I tried and was essentially told that it was for those already employed in the industry or via referral. Or maybe that was a polite way of tellin' me I sounded like a dumba**! Check out the various websites of the O/B manufacturers and good luck!
    well I own one and I'm not complaining but I just found that kinda ironic that the teacher of the class would say that.

MANIC MECHANIC
    The Marine Mechanics Institute is located in Miami, There is also another school in Daytona Beach but I can't remember the name at the moment. Both schools also have motorcyle mechanics classes. Is that it?....Tim

TUNNEL T 20.2
    boatmaster ,i second that (jet boats do SUCK ! ,so do i/o's ,seado's and FAT CHICKS! (TUNNELT)

sorry dog
    I think Maximus goes to outboard school.

MAXIMUS
    sorry dog:
    I think Maximus goes to outboard school. SSSHHHHHH.....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast